How do i say it? any ideas?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GrandPaKush, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,
    So the other day I popped my pot cherry. I'm in collage, and I had never had any interest in doing it EVER. I was actually really against it. Then I was talking to one of my friends, and I was just like "what the hell, do you know where to get any?" So we ended up going to his brother's house and smoking a bong. I just want to mind you that I've never even smoked a cigarette. Once I took my first hit, and they all died from how bad i was coughing. My friend told them that I had never smoked anything. So of course they had to put me on a gas mask. I'll just say, marijuana is now my best friend :)

About a week later, I went with some other friends and smoked again, and it just so happened to be student loan time, so i bought a quarter, and i've been smoking on that for the last few weeks. Here's the thing. I have always been my parents golden child. My brother was the wild one, not me. Smoking is becoming part of my life, it helps my so much with anxiety, and arthritis. So much that I have been able to stop taking my paxil and hydros.

(here's a little back story, sorry for jumping around)
    My dad has always smoked weed all of my life. My mom doesn't do anything. period. My dad is all for it, and my mom doesn't really like it. Once again, i have always been the golden child, and my parents don't think i've ever done anything. but i bought a bong off here the other day. I left it on my nightstand today when i was gone and my mom found it today. I told her my friend gave it to me as a gag gift. she bought it and gave me it back. I just want them to know  I smoke and not like completely shit their pants. Honestly, i don't think my dad would care, he'd probably like the bonding time of smoking together. My mom on the other hand, I feel like it would crush her.

So what do you think I should do? Should I tell them that I smoke? So I don't have to hide it anymore, and no more coming home smelling like a french whore. Or should I just tell my dad? Or should i not say anything to anyone and just let them eventually catch me? If you answer any of these, please back it with maybe a past experience. Any advice would be great, and "stop being a pussy and tell them you light up!" is not at all advice. 

2. You couldtell your dad first, and ask him to help him break it to your mom. He knows her and you just as well as you do, so he'll be good help with this. I don't think your mom would be "crushed" unless you had to start stealing to keep smoking, or if you were only like 14. You mentioned you have anxiety, and that could contribute to you over-thinking her response. But in my experience, your smoking experience is much more enjoyable if you're honest with everyone, because you don't have to keep thinking of ways to perpetuate lies.

3. Your mom would be eventually would get over it, but you sound like me lol, in college and I'm the youngest and the golden child, (my brothers were the crazy ones) but unlike you my parents are support legalization but don't consume because of my dad's certain occupation. I think you should wait a little bit longer imo

4. Congrats on popping your cherry, I too only started to blaze when I was about 18. I was also the 'Golden Boy' and my older Brother was the 'Fuck Up' so I can relate.
    My Mum caught me smoking and was very upset at the time, she never thought she would see me do it and also was one of those people that thought weed was an evil little plant and I would amount to nothing!

At one point I remembered saying that it is something I enjoy, I don't hurt anyone and I'm old enough to make my own decisions. I would tell your Dad first too, that seems like a really good call.

Oh, and if your at college at the mo, try to do your best so that your grades do not seem to be affected by the use of pot, or many people will use that against you and say it was the weed that made you fail! 
    I'm now 30 and I have a pretty good job and enjoy weed on the side, just like millions of others.

5. Talk to your dad and tell him the same thing you told us. You tried it, liked it, and it helped your anxiety and arthritis so much that you're not on the prescription medication.  Honestly that's really cool that it works that well for you and your dad will probably think that's pretty cool. Tell him about your mom and the bong and that you feel bad about what you said and what happened, that you didn't want to lie to her but you also felt you couldn't tell her the truth. This will be major father/son bonding time, you'll score massive points with your pops, and he'll smooth things over with your Mom. She may not like it, but she's married to a smoker, don't forget that. You don't know how she truly feels about it. And you've got to think, your  Mom is now the nonsmoker in a family of smokers. She's the minority at this point.

This is the 21st century. Weed is legal and decriminalized in so many states now, in one form or the other. You can still be the golden boy and smoke for your anxiety and arthritis.