How do I remove salt residue from my bubbler?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by thethomas, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Ok so I have had this bubbler for a few months now and have begun to notice a salt buildup of sorts in my bubbler. I clean it regularly with salt and 91% alcohol. Picture is below any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. after cleaning, flush with HOT water until all salt is gone, works for me, never have any salt or resin left in any of my pieces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You're probably not cleaning it enough with water after you do your iso/salt wash. I just run the hot water from the tub until i'm sure its clean.

4. fill it with DISTILLED white vinegar. this is your solution.

5. Hahahaha

6. ya you have hard water stains- calcium carbonate- that has built up. cleaning with a solvent, alcohol, vinegar, etc. should take it out. If alcohol doesn't work, try straight vinegar, don't dilute it.

7. Use acetone instead of isoprol, then rinse thoroughly with hot water

Toke On!

8. Clean it better.

Rinse it with water after you clean it. Water dissolves salt which will get it off there. Alcohol doesn't.

9. I unfortunately am having this problem as well in my bong, and this is after only one cleaning with salt, and rinsing with HOT water for 15 minutes straight afterwards. Salt residue will not come off. Did you ever find a solution?

10. I never have build up in my pieces, I use cheap whiskey and kosher rock salt. Rinse right after, I even use a rag or cloth to dry the neck of my beaker. All others a quick rinse of alcohol will help any water dry out typically without leaving spots behind.

11. Alcohol didn't work for me, what ended up working was lime juice.

12. If I get salt built up I boil some water and let the piece sit in there till the salt finds its way out. Just make sure the water only gets just about boiling don't fully boil the water.