Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do i quit coughing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 1b3h1gh, Oct 18, 2012.

1. So I'm not new to smoking but ive always had a bad cough after a hit and it makes me have to wait way longer after a hit then I should. Should I just suck it up or are there any suggestions because ive had to resort to a fully iced bong but I cant risk having a huge bong waiting to be found

2. Take smaller hits, and after you take a hit, finish off your inhalation with fresh air, and don't hold the hit for any longer than you feel comfortable with.

3. Smaller hits use water pipes/ice/percs

4. Try a bubbler, smaller then a bong and should take some of the throat harshness away, you can also try a vape,

Maybe change up what you are smoking, when someone is matching and they put some low mid/reggie, that shit hits my throat harder then a motherfucker.

5. If you don't cough you don't get off.

6. I barely ever cough and i get high as shit..

7. now everybody clap:hello::hello::hello: thata skill boy

8. [quote name='"tokester14"']If you don't cough you don't get off.[/quote]

Sounds like something highschool kids say.

One trick a friend enlightened me to is after you inhale the hit, swallow while holding it in. This seems to reduce coughing for me. Note that I don't mean swallow the smoke.

9. It's actually from a movie, was just messing around..

10. its one of those things that takes practice i have been smoking for a long time now and every now and then it still sneaks up and me and i start coughin but you know what they say practice makes perfect you will get it just keep goin at it smaller hits can help but thats no fun running can help alot because you are expanding your lungs while running and it will keep you in shape time to get high as fuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: also my little trick i use for when i smoke bong is to keep inhaling after i clear it for like a count of 2 that extra little air seems to help alot

11. One, don't ice the bong. Two, use hot water. When you inhale, all the air in the bong is all humid and makes bigger hits waaaay easier. Lastly, take as big of a hit as you can until it starts to hurt, then exhale and try to keep your cool. Drink some water, feel better. Doing this every time you smoke will you help you learn to take bigger and bigger hits without coughing up a lung.

12. Start smoking lungies. They rip your lungs to shreds the first time, and as you keep on smoking them, you just get used to it. I used to cough a little bit before I started with the lungies - takes a bit to make me cough now. Trust me, will fix it right up ;) Plus, an efficient and fun way to smoke!

13. What I do is light the bowl, take a less than good hit, inhale fresh air, and continue inhaling from the pipe. Kind of like going on and off, on and off, until I feel that I'm good and finish by inhaling it all in, hold for 2 - 3 seconds (any longer and you're an idiot) and exhale that big body of smoke. Haven't coughed in the longest time. Lol, I remember when I did the whole ice cube in the bong shit. Feels good but not worth the hassle.

14. #14 Proud2Smoke, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    dude you want to quit that cough asap, i heard that shit gives you aids and shit, stop coughing it can screw your life up man.

kidding, coughing is a natural response to inhaling smoke, adding percolators and ice to a nice bong and using hempwick instead of a lighter would be your best bet. A vaporizer can still cause mild coughing, edibles would eliminate any cough at all. Inhale a bit of fresh air after your hit as well to 'dilute' the smoke

15. i take a sip of cold water before and after.

16. Hes right tho.

If you don't choke, it was never a toke.

17. Quit smoking.

18. Never let the cough win when you're still holding it in. Fight that shit until you can exhale on your own terms!

19. This kids got a system :smoking: