Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe How do I make edibles with 3 grams of wax??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Javi420, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Hello, I recently acquired 3 grams of wax that is about 65-70% THC (possibly more) ,I would like to make 2 batches of 12 potent normal one oz. scoop chocolate chip cookies using all 3 grams. Can you guys please give me the best recipe and steps. Please be very detailed as I want the best possible results and same potency across all of my cookies. Please also tell me how potent each cookie will be and how much I should take. I smoke about 2-3 grams of flower daily and have a pretty fast metabolism if that makes a difference. It's also my first time making/eating an edible. Thanks in advanced :) Keep it 420

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Make a suppository. Don't eat it though...

• Like Like x 2
  3. You're no help

• Like Like x 1
  4. Three grams of 70% would give you 3000 X 70%= 2100 mg decide how potent you want your edibles and divide 2100 by that. That would make 36 cookies resulting in a very potent 60 mg cookie/brownie. You may want to halve that. Say you need 1/4 cup oil for your recipe, make one half cup and use half of that, refrigerating or freezing the remainder. Decarb your wax either in the stove at 240F for 40 minutes or until all reaction/bubbling stops. I use a one cup Pyrex measuring cup. You can also decarb it on the stove in a hot oil bath (use a cheap oil heated with a heat proof container holding your wax). Once your wax has decarbed add it to the amount of coconut oil you want to use- what's called for in your recipe- melt the coconut oil and while still warm stir in your wax. I like to just add my solid coconut oil to the container with the concentrate. I find ready made mixes easier to use so just pick an item you like- brownies, cookies, whatever-. Check my math before cooking. Rectal administration is something we are hearing about now. It's use for recreation- well I haven't done it yet. Javi420, save some cookies for 4/20! And send me one, please. If anyone has any better suggestions or corrections please chime in. Javi420, do not underestimate your edibles- you can easily over do it and that's unpleasant. Take it easy the first time. Good luck, have fun and enjoy! OH, you can also use butter, I prefer coconut oil.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 puddleglum, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    First time eating an edible? 10mg is my recommended beginner dose. Using Joker's estimate of 2100mg THC, you have enough wax for 210 cookies or so.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I jus made 4 grams of shatter into 72 gummys. I greened out first day then took a day off, mentally draining for me, but jus ate one yesterday and was awesome:)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Yeah, I always make my edibles too strong and have learned there is only one person who takes advice to only eat a bite. I'm trying to do better, but I like the ones for me strong- 60 mg. Last time I made them 30 mg and 1/4 cookie may still be too much for many people.

• Like Like x 2
  8. You have enough wax for three or six batches of whatever edible you want.
    I make hard candies with one gram everytime.
    64 pieces=10mgthc per piece
    Listen to joker about the pre made box recipes. Most use oils in their box mix. Adding the oil to decarbed wax would be the easiest in my opinion.
    If you make a pan of brownies and cut the pan into 24 pieces. Each piece of brownie would have approx 30mgthc per bar. You could cut each in half and still have a potent piece with 15mgthc. That's if you use only one gram of wax.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Hey, sorry for the late reply but can you please give me a recipe for 36 cookies of 60mg. That sounds perfect and I'm fairly new to baking and suck at math lol I'll send you a cookie

10. Friend, I just by the little package at Walmart. The molasses cookie mix makes three dozen and the taste is good. I never bake from scratch anymore. Sorry I Don't have a recipe for you. And as advised by others will be quite potent. Good luck and enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  11. If I decarb my wax for 40 mins at 240 degrees will my wax lose potency? I read somewhere else to decarb at 200 for 20 mins. I'm scared I might burn some of it. And I will be using about 1 1/2 sticks of butter. What's the best way to mix in the shatter with the butter? And do I freeze it after and let it solidify?

12. I wish that was my edible tolerance, I usually need minimum of 100 mg for a decent high, 150-300 to get really ripped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You won't burn the wax as long as you keep the temp below 260°.
    Let the oven warm up. 240°
    Place the wax on parchment paper or inside an oven safe dish. Like this one.

[​IMG]

Set timer for forty minutes and watch for the tiny bubbles to start popping during the process with the oven light.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice. I actually just got done making them! I set my temp at 230 and let the wax sit inside for 30 mins. I then let it cool down, melted the butter in a double boiler then mixed the wax in. I made 20 cookies but ended up using 2.5 grams of wax. That should equal to about 85mg per cookie so I ate a whole one. I'm currently waiting on the effects to kick in. I ate a it about an hour ago and I'm feeling a little buzz

• Like Like x 1
  15. So how did it work? I hoped you enjoyed the cookie. I usually don't feel any thing for three hours. If you decarbed until the bubbles stopped forming you got maximum potency. Good job!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah I only saw 1 or 2 bubbles form every few seconds. 1:30 mins in and I'm feeling a decent buzz. I ate a second one just because I'd rather be too high than disappointed lol hopefully that was a good idea

• Like Like x 1

17. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. I'm surprised it took two cookies! Those were potent.

• Like Like x 1