Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I make edibles using RCO Extract?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dillonhoward, Jun 20, 2017.

1. I went to my local dispensary and told them I wanted to make edibles but I had never done it before and the budtender suggested the CBD Apothecary C. Web RCO Extract. He told me to put it in my slow cooker with some Coconut Oil at the lowest possible setting and let it cook overnight. I tried to pry for my information but he couldn't give me a heat level or how long to cook it for. Everything else I have ready seems to suggest that is incorrect so I'm now at a loss. We want cooking oil or butter but at this point I'm about to just smoke it and move on so this is my last hope. Any tips would be greatly appreciated so we can hurry up and eat some edibles. RCO Extract.jpg

2. Dumb question but whats RCO?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. It sounds like you have cannabis oil made from the high cbd, low thc strain Charlotte's Web. If this is correct, then the lack of much thc will prevent you from getting high, and you'll miss out on the health benefits of thc. Cbd is being greatly hyped right now, but for many of us it does no noticeable good, and in fact harms our sleep, the opposite of what is claimed. You also have the issue of whether that "Refined Cannabis Oil," which all cannabis oil is by definition, is decarbed. If not, the un-decarbed cbd-a will have completely different effects from the expected effects of decarbed cbd. Unless you have a definite need for cbd, or want to experiment to find out whether it helps you, I'd avoid high cbd strains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. We are medical and absolutely love CBD, we got it on purpose and we put some of the oil on a bowl with THC flower last night and this stuff had us both feeling amazing. Its very potent considering it is CBD and it had my body floating on a cloud which is what I want my edibles to do. I'm still learning what all this stuff is like "decarbed" and to be honest I have no idea if it is and the company that makes this stuff only has a facebook page without much on it. I've been smoking flower for years and know what strains I like but I'm just now starting to expand into other forms of consumption. We enjoy the CBD brownie mix we can get from most of our dispensaries but we figured if we could just make a big batch of oil or butter we could have a lot more edible that taste a little bit better. Thanks for the tips though.

5. It's good that cbd helps. It will be easy to make edibles out of already decarbed (ask the dispensary about this) RCO. Just blend it into anything while warm, avoiding too much more heat. If the RCO isn't decarbed, or if you're using actual herb, then decarb will be necessary (240 F for 1h 15m works well for cbd, but over-decarbs thc).

As you might already know, the thc in edibles takes about 1-2 hours to kick in, and can last 4-8 hours, so be careful.

6. I will ask the dispensary and I really do appreciate the help. I knew cooking edibles with CBD was different then THC but I didn't know how little information there was on how to use this product specifically. Best of luck to you and thank you for your input.