How Do I Grow Dwc Bubble Bucket Without Ppm/ph Meter ?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by tdaddy253, May 28, 2013.

1. I upload photos with my photobucket app. then click on the IMG link and paste it in the thread

2. yo gold grower u seem very knowlegable quick question i made some co2 with sugar, yeast, luke warm water. and i have the bottle just sitting below the canopy cuz i figured it would just go up in the air and the plants would take it in but i read somewhre that it has to flow on the leaves and i have to have it upove the cannopy. what do u think?

3. #23 GoldGrower, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    co2 is heavier than nitrogen (air is mostly nitrogen) so it falls down. try pushing a tube in to the bottle and direct it over the plants.

but in my opinion if you want to have effect with co2 you have to get everything else spot on, no point bothering with low light grows. there is plenty of co2 in the air already. only when you have everything else spot on can the plants utilise the extra co2. plus when administrating it you need to shut off all ventilation otherwise it will get sucked out straight away. fermenting sugar water gives of an extremely small amount of co2, you would need barrels of the stuff just for a small grow, your better off buying a co2 bottle or fire extinguisher and fit a valve to it. it all needs to be timed right to along with the ventilation. you really need a cool tube when using co2 so you can vent some of the heat without venting the air from inside the box

I make wine and when you use an air lock you can see how much co2 is produced and its a small bubble every few seconds, it just isn't going to make any difference in my opinion...... but it's not going to harm anything so try it for yourself and see

• Like Like x 1
  4. just to add to my post above.... adding an extra fan will have much more of an effect than adding co2. keep all those leaves fluttering, and never cut any live leaves off. allow the plant to "breath" as freely as possible

5. please help !! i put one and a half shot glases of vinager as ph down and the ph was 4.4 but i figured it would raise back up within an hour now my entire plant is droopy is it going to die im in week 3 of flower i just changed the res and am using straight tap water and i put the light to 50 % will she live????

6. it got completley droopy within 3 hours btw fuck man i ussally dont take chances like that . i was just to lazy to change the res and make a new batch of water . i swear its bad luck because i looked at the 10:10 time on the clock im allways hitting the 10:10 i hate that shit.