how do i get this mini fridge ventalated??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by nuggs419, Oct 27, 2007.

1. yo iam wondering how i can get a ventalation system of some kind like one of thoose pc fans into this miny fridge

gonna give you guys a picture so you know what im trying to work with also i was wondering if there some kind of vent system already hooked up in a fridge that i may be able to run and keep the area from getting to hot in there

got some seeds should be done germing like tonight
    so i kinda need to get on the ball

i wont be worried about the smell for awhile but here soon i want to beable to close it and keep it hidden and ill want the smell to be very well hidden soo ANY help maybe from someone whoose done grows in theese things before could lend me some pointers maybe what lights are best and where to get um.
    all help is appreciated since this is my first indoor I manged to get some plants going outdoors this summer they looked great but sadly i had to rip them out
    hopefully this time i can be more succesfull

any way thanx

Attached Files:

2. bump

3. just go get 2 fans from radio shack. They are about 15 each. Face one out at the top and the other blowing in at the bottom. Just cut 3 inch holes in the back of the fridge. I did the same thing (in a mini fridge), works great.

4. is it hard to make the holes man what did you use exactally?

5. dont they have fans built in???

6. Get rid of that incandescent light bulb get a CFL. Thats my 2 cents.:D

7. yeah, get a cfl.... all that incandescent is gonna do is make some light inside the fridge, not grow a plant.

8. well... you could use a hole saw. or a saber saw of some sort and just start hacking away... that might be the easiest for making holes for vents.

9. Call your local tool hire service, and rent a hole saw bit.

It should only cost you a fraction of the purchase price of the drill bit.

You might also have to get yourself a drill, but they too are cheap to rent or buy.

Hire the correct sized hole saw (it is like a regular drill bit, with a metal 'skirt' around it that cuts the desired size hole), mark your desired fan holes out and then drill them. Use the fan you are fitting and trace it onto the fridge wall before you cut, and dont forget to mark your screw/bolt holes for attaching the fan.

The whole process of cutting the hole will take you about 2 minutes, and guarantee a smooth, professional looking hole when you are done.

Tell the hire shop that you want the hole saw for fitting a pipe into your shed or something, but make sure that you tell them it is for cutting metal. A wood bit will not do.