Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do i get rid of dried(hardened) pot resin off my floor?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by woodskeeper, Mar 23, 2013.

1. hello grass-people. sometimes when i clean my bong's downstem resin would come flying out, and some of it would land on the floor. (yes, i toke on the floor) and low lighting doesn't help with visibility until its too late :(

so what should i do? the rents won't be happy when they notice the floors in their house is covered in ghetto-hash!

please help

2. vacuum cleaner? Dust buster?

3. Pretty sure he is talking about the nasty tar-like resin. I have it in my sink every where. Looks like it is black speckled now!

Your best bet is ISO on a rag an scrub or you can try peroxide. Either one should do the job, peroxide has cleaned absolutely everything when I use it.

4. Oooooooh, ok. Not sure then. Be more carful when you're cleaning your bong my friend!

5. Get a putty knife, wet the resin, then scrape it up. If your floor is wood, sand it to get the remaining crumbs and it should be all good.

6. pour 99%iso over the resin, wait for about 15 seconds, then take something that you could scrape with, knife ect.. then scrape up your resin, the iso will make the resin very loose and be able to clean up! Hope this helps!

7. Take a cloth, open a bottle of 91% iso alcohol, and dab some onto the cloth a few times. Then just keep rubbing the floor using elbow grease it should come right out, after using the cloth do the same thing with paper towels to clean off all the resin.

8. >.> ... yeah. i bet that would work. Someone should of thought of that before.

9. thanks for the input guys. i'll try out the different iso scraping methods when i finally get a hold of some isopropyl.

cheerios!

10. Haha I do this all the time, iso cleans surfaces so well, whether it's a table I've been trimming on or a table that is dirty from cleaning pieces, I always just grab some tissues and iso and it comes right out.:D

11. Burn it off

12. Eww glad my floor doesn't smell like shit and isn't covered in resin

13. You act like the guy has an inch layer of resin on his floor. Get the fuck outta here, bud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ganja Power

• Like Like x 1
  14. smoke it off the floor

15. Use goo gone

16. paint thinner (varsol) or brake cleaner would get it off like magic. I clean all kinds off gunk, crude oil, baked on organic oils, basically anything oil based at work with these two and have yet to find something that works better. ive always imagined either of these would work very well on resin, if your floor is wood the varsol might soak in a bit and smell for a while, but should evaporate fast.

17. Consistent use of any cleaning product such as bleach will take it right off

18. Scrape it off and toss it in a blunt

19. Other than scraping it off I can't imagine ISO hurting your floor unless maybe it was a carpet.