How do I get my mom to stop smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by JuanRing, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Tobacco. She's ben smoking for over 30 years, and im worried about her health. It just kills me every time she lights up a cig. I've tried to get her to quit many times, she keeps saying she will, but never does...

I've told her I'd stop smoking pot if she stops cigs (she doesn't agree with my cannabis use), and I can honestly say I'd quit for a looong time if not forever if she'd stop. I thought that'd actually move her, but she's still lighting up.

Help me out GC, I need you guys here.

2. It's pretty much up to her, if she doesn't want to then she won't. I'm sure she knows all the health risks

3. Damn..Sorry, I'd like to offer to some advice, but I'm in the exact same situation. She's tried patches, gum, etc., but it just doesn't seem to work if you don't have the willpower.

My whole maternal family tree smokes cigarettes; all of my grand fathers have died to lung cancer. I guess the best thing to do is just encourage her.

4. tell her she is grounded.

tell her if she doesnt stop then you will give her a spanking. with the brush.

5. i think their is a drug that makes one repulsed by the taste or smell of tobacco smoke...
    i hope im not confusing this with the alcohol drug and the opiad drug...

i think it may be a similar drug for tobacco, almost makes you allergic...rersearch..
    if available by some means, get that give it 2 her (known by her or not) and she may pick up a cig and get sick to her stomach...:smoking:

6. Yeah I pretty much know its up to her, it just kinda sucks watching a loved one keep on doing something which is terrible for her. She's almost 60 now, if she doesn't quit soon it won't even matter:(

Guess i'll just keep supporting her, and hope she quits eventually. Thanks for all the answers GC:)

7. #7 TheZohan11, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
    You can't get her too stop. You can't get anyone to do anything. The only person you can change is yourself.

I wanted my dad to quit smoking when I was a kid and I always gave him the dumb shit I learned in school like he didn't already know. He finally quit on his own just before I turned 16, and I started smoking. Strange ay?

I fucking HATE smoking cigarettes, my heart and lungs are totally shot (probably from mad drug use a few years back as well) and it's like I feel weak. Not weak minded (well i feel like that too) but just weak as a human being. A 13 year old could probably beat me up if he can last more than a minute cuz I'd be gasping for air after that. I didn't start feelin like this til I started doin the make your own cigarettes shit, theres some kinda fucked up shit in that tobacco for it to be so cheap.

8. Theres some tablets you can get from a pharmasist called Champix. They make you feel sick from cigarettes and kill the receptors in your brain that need the nicotine. You can basically quit in a week with these tablets. If she doesnt want to take them, just say they are vitamins and you would feel alot better if she took them haha.

9. nope, your right. It helped my mom quit who has been smoking for more than 15 years. Its medicine called Chantrix, and after taking it for a week supposedly just thinking about smoking one makes you feel sick to your stomach.

10. Put you cock in her mouth.