Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I get my medical records?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by UnitedStates, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Hi y'all! Newbie here. Actually no, I have been lurking around here anonymously for several months now. Anyway, I want to know how to get my medical record for my card. The problem is that I never really had insurance and I never stuck with just one doctor. Doctor #1; I had from 4yo-8yo. Doctor #2; I had from 8-18. I turned 20 ten months ago and just recently had my first "annual" check up since I was 18 with yet another clinic (I didn't see an actual doctor; the staff took my blood and stuff). Now, how do I get my records and which doctor/clinic should I get it from? Also, will it be anonymous? I definitely don't want my parents finding out and both my parents have records with all three locations as well. What should I do?

P.S. I live in California FYI.

2. Generally you will have to go to, or contact each facility where you received treatment, prove your identity, and they will give you a few papers to sign for the release of your medical information. This helps to ensure the collection of all your records.

If this proves difficult (lack of appropriate proof of identity etc.), you can also give a list of the facilities, clinics or hospitals you've been through to the doctor providing your referral, and sign a few forms essentially allowing the release of your records into his office's care/belonging.

3. Any idea on how long the process takes? I have all my docs anyway so proving my identity isn't a problem. Also, if I manually go to every one of the clinics I've ever been to, do they provide a copy of my info on the spot or will they mail it to me?

Option #2 sounds so much easier. Do all physicians offer option #2?

Thanks in advance.

4. i am having the same issue now i plan to just call them and say to fax it to me if they can.

5. I would just physically go down there are request them.

6. You need the records from the Dr that is treating a qualifying condition. If you do not have a qualifying condition you won't need records, as you can't get a card unless you LIE.
    You get those legit medical records by asking for them at the Dr's office (call ahead so they can make copies in advance). Most Dr's will charge a fee for making those copies.

Mommy and Daddy have no right to know what you do with YOUR medical records....if you are 18+ they can't do squat about it, nor have a right to see your records ever again unless you give permission in a legal signed document.

I would banter on about qualifying with a real medical condition, but why bother...you live in California where people lie a lot to get a rec it seems (sad, it hurts legit patients in non mmj states...but it still happens because some people don't give a flying F about others suffering, aka selfish)

On the last question;
    You claim to be 20+ so I would recommend you learn what an adults rights and responsibilities are...

7. well then...

8. um...