Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do i get kief off my grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PsychoTheRapist, May 4, 2011.

1. I bought a Sharpstone clear top and have grinded about a ounce thru it and now the sides are covered in a hard resin which makes grinding a little harder. The kief screen works perfect but I'm talking about the top part that's magnetic. I want to use a blade but don't want to mar the surface or make little metal flakes.

2. yea scraping will definitely get you slivers of metal in your product.
    what you want to do is use the qwiso hash method to wash your grinder.
    basically take the highest % iso alcohol that you can find in your local drugstore and pour just enough to cover one part of your grinder in a ziplock bag. one at a time wash each part of the grinder for about 30 seconds by closing and shaking the bag around. you can use the same iso each time, just do the pieces separately. now pour this onto a glass dish and allow to to evaporate for ~24 hours. a fan blowing on the plate can speed up the process.

you should be left with a nice layer of keef/hash to scrape up and enjoy

3. Step one: Get old hotel key or gift card
    Step two: Cut card in triangle shape
    Step three: Scrape ur kief safely

Also if u throw the grinder in the freezer for 5-10 min
    then knock it on somethin all keif will fall out of the screen
    :smoke:

4. The man speaks the truth.

5. Good tip, gonna try that at home today.

6. I am not sure, but I believe if you do a QWISO extraction on your clear top, it will ruin the plastic top, so watch out.

7. good point, i didnt think of that.

8. use this, works very well.

9. use your tongue. works like a charm.

10. I love the taste of keif in the morn'

Reference: i love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

The Brosky:smoke:

11. beat me to it kudos