How do I figure out my Black Leaf's "joint size"??

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by slipkid, Dec 13, 2012.

1. I bought a Black Leaf "3-arm Perc Ice Bong with Ashcatcher" at Grasscity a couple months ago. The exact same bong is no longer for sale up here. I have my old order info but it doesn't give much info about the details like the website had originally. I like it a lot and wanted to get some extra parts for it in case I break anything.

How do I figure out what it's "joint size" is????

I was thinking of buying some spare parts & other accessories (different ashcatcher, one hit size bowl, downstem, etc) but I need to know if the "joint size" is "14.5" or "18.8". I think this info was on the webpage when I bought it but since it is no longer being sold I can't go back & look that up. I guess I could try to measure it but I don't know what I am trying to measure (the inside of the glass piece on the stem, the outside of the stem, or what)??

Can anybody give me some clues? The SKU in my order was "ND-GPER-40-37" and it cost me $66.50 back in August.

This one looks similar but not identical to mine:

Black Leaf - 3-arm Perc Ice Bong with Ashcatcher - Black - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

That one has BOTH sizes mentioned ("Joint Size: 18.8 mm / 14.5 mm") and that has me confused even more, since I thought these sizes were one or the other but not both.

THANKS.

2. you have a 14,

3. What you have here is an 18mm joint on the tube that transitions to a 14mm on the downstem. So if you want a new downstem you need to buy 18 but if you just want a new slide, ac, etc get 14. I hope I explained that well enough...too high :bongin:

4. The female joint on your bong is 18mm which takes a male 18mm downstem then your downstem has a 14mm female joint for a male 14mm slide

5. Low profile downstem, its basicly what others said

6. Ah, I think I get it! Thanks very much. I'm not 100% on which part sizes to get of the stuff I was looking at though but I just need to ponder it some more....