How do I convince my parents to let me smoke weed. [Reward Included]

Discussion in 'General' started by tr1ppy, Jun 11, 2011.

1. You're 18 and a legal adult. Inform them (in a respectful manner) of this.

If legal concerns are the issue, then remind them of proibition. How booze makers fought the unjust laws, and won back the right to consume alcohol. Join an activist group to push you point home.

If the worry is of weed being laced then opt for random drug test. First time you test positive for anything other than THC agree to go to rehab or to NA meetings.

If all else fails move out.

2. thats what I did. Haha just kept failing. They did eventually give up. 6 rehabs later...
    But your 18 so get a job and move out

3. Tell them that you're getting older and you want to be who you really are and pot is a part if you.

4. This is THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY. To have your parents OK with the fact that you toke up. First of all: Stop trying to convince them first of all. You're under their roof they don't need to be bombarded with facts, and emails with links to articles about the positive uses for weed. TRUST ME I've tried that countless times and it's never worked. What I would do, is just to stop talking about it completely. Act like you quit, pretend you just don't even see what the big deal about smoking weed is.

(All while secretely smoking weed I guess). 

Second: Focus on what ever you need to do at your age( school, work, happiness, helping around the house, being positive around your rents, and just be the best son you can. They need to see that you are doing excellent, and at that point they;ll forget about the weed thing. 

THEN, when the time comes, Id say a couple months, drop the bomb on them that you've been tokin up this whole god dam time yet you've have a job, been doing well in school, had other interests, and are just doing well in life in general.

After that they'll realize that trying to prohibit you from smoking weed was really pointless considering you're on track and not falling into a slump because of smoking weed.

What I did, was not give a fuck and kept smoking cuz I knew my parents couldn't do shit, and I kept goin and goin till they gave up on me and said fuck it I can't do shit.....DONT DO THAT. It makes family life weird and now my mom barely likes to converse with me.

5. Do people not look at the posting date? This thread is over two years old and OP never came back.

6. Haha no i didn't even bother to look at it holy fuck.

7. If someone were to give the OP a suggestion that actually worked, here's what would happen:

OP would be like, "Fuck yeah - I get to smoke in the house now!  I'm going to get high and sit

on the couch and listen to Tupac.  *he does just that* and thinks "Fuck no am I going to pay

someone that much money.  Fuck it.  It's time to get high."

8. Huh

9. I would explain to them you enjoy relaxing using marijuana, Like many people..possibly including them, relax with alcohol, Nicotine etc etc. Then respectfully explain that you are most likely not going to stop anytime soon. And even if they agreed to let you smoke on your porch or garage or some sort of "out of the house" outside area it would prevent you from CARRYING an illegal substance around and would prevent you from getting arrested, Which would save your parents and yourself valuable time and money considering any lawyer who isn't a public defender will cost you around $1000.

Best of luck man.

10.  He's saying if someone gives him advice that leads to him being able to smoke in the house, He's going to smoke in the house, then think "Wait..i can use that 50 on weed" and not pay.

11. #31 carlospiceyweiner, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2013
    Try explaining how it is legal in lots of places now. Tell them what will happen if you get caught smoking weed where you live, as some places let you off with a warning if you have a little bit. Just keep reminding them that it is not a drug and it helps you at school and has in no way brought down your grades. Say its very important to you, that its your meditation when school gets stressful and you will not cope with out this medicine. Refer to it as medicine not weed or drugs that gives a bad impression. Also tell them that you have a trusted dealer that will never lace it. Start preparing a table of things to say and when the time is right prepare a speech and make it effective. This is just  a few ideas and you can add/further expand on each. Hope this helps friend good luck. 

12. Old thread guys lol

Peace

13. tell them they should drug test you for cocaine and everything weed is supposedly laced with and you'll come out clean.

14. Woah. People truly dont know how to read... To everyone who wasted time actually writing a response to the OP's 3 year old post: lol.

15. Write like an essay or bring them papers showing weed in comparison to alcohol and tobacco.
    Show them that your smoking something healthier that won't kill you like alcohol and or tobacco.
    Show them the health benefits and marijuana reform movements.

As far as being laced tell them that if dealers were to put anything in the weed they would be losing money.
    Or you can tell them that you have a reputable source that tells you if its laced or not.

Find the law in your state, here in NY you get a $100 fine for carrying 25 grams and under.

People think cause something is illegal it's right.
    I mean people were slaves once...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Lmao wow
    Well I hope I help someone out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. From what I see, they are not against smoking, they are against it being illegal. They probably did smoke it themselves back in the day.

They don't want you arrested nor dealing with crooks. Fair, isn't it?

I say grow it. See how that idea goes with them.

Haha old post :D

17. why do you smoke weed? if it’s for a medical purpose try explaining that to them. my mom doesn’t like that i smoke and would really prefer that i didn’t but she knows i do it for a reason and that helped. when i lived under her roof i just had to smoke outside. you could try explaining to them that you respect their opinion and appreciate their concern but it’s your decision and you aren’t going to quit smoking, if they still have a problem you just have to respect their wishes and not smoke on their property. you could also research good documentaries and show them one.

18. Their house, their rules. Don't like it move out, get your own place, make your own rules that you want people to follow under your roof.

19. You don't, smoke it.

20. Wow.. this thread is half a decade old, lol

OP must be allowed to smoke weed right now .. well, unless...