How do I connect broken wire/tips?

Discussion in 'General' started by geetardude, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Hey,

a buddy had mailed me his PC Case grow box, but about 4 wires seem to be disconnected/broken with the tips hanging out. I've e-mailed him for advice as to whether he did this way on purpose or not. He's really busy, and probably hasnt gotten to his computer for a while to reply. I'm really impatient and want to start. How do I re-connect wires/tips? Thanks. Peace.

-Timmy

2. I'm not sure really what you're talking about, but this is how you merge two wires:

• disconnects power fully (obviously)
    • strip at least 1/4" of insulation with a wire stripper
    • ensure the exposed wiring is not frayed - you want solid connections
    now from here there are two option, I suggest the first considering you're unexperienced:

1. using a marr connector, wrap the two exposed ends around each other in a clockwise fashion; clipping them between a pair of needle nose pliers can help. Screw on the marr connector; DONE!
    2. using the same clockwise turn, wrap them around each other horizontally; in line with the rest of the wire, and wrap securely with electrical tape.
    Hope that helps!

3. Hey,

Marr connector, yes! I had no idea what the hell they were called. Go to my hardware store and pick some up today. Thanks buddy! Peace.

-Timmy

4. What he said. I always use electrical tape though (2nd choice.)