Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I confront my friend/pot supplier?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChrisC84, Jan 26, 2014.

1. #1 ChrisC84, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    The guy I get my stuff from is one of my best friends. I've been getting stuff from him for about 4 years now. He knows a guy who gets great stuff. It's been awesome because I can't remember a time when I didn't have anything to smoke and the quality of stuff he gets is always great. I've always trusted my friend and the stuff he gave me always looked like the right weight. I've never had an issue with with my buddy until last week when I wanted to get a half ounce.

After I picked it up and got into my car I knew it didn't look right. It definitely looked short. After years of smoking I am definitely better at eyeing up amounts so I knew it was short of a half ounce. So I went to see my other buddy who happens to have a scale and we weighed it out...10 grams. 10 grams! Last time I checked a half ounce was 14 grams right? So I was livid and immediately said something to my friend who proceeded to tell me he had over a dozen bags packed up for different people and probably grabbed the wrong sack. Ok...I can give him the benefit of the doubt and take his word for it. He told me he'd get me 4 grams right away. My friend let me borrow his scale so I could weigh the rest of what he owed me. After I got the rest of it I weighed it out and those 4 grams he owed me only weighed out to 2.9!!

I didn't say anything to him about the second time. I figured I'd grab a sack from him again and weigh it and see whats up and if it was short again I'd say something. So I grabbed an eighth from my friend yesterday, and so I weighed it out and it was only 2.8 grams!! Either he is knowingly ripping me off, or his scale is weighing heavy. I really want to believe the latter. This is a guy I have always trusted and now for the third time in a week my sacks have been short.

Should I say something to him? I don't want him to think I am implying he is ripping me off. Maybe his scale is legit weighing heavy and he needs to fix it? I don't know. I would be really pissed off if this guy who I considered one of my best friends was knowingly shorting me. How should I handle this? Should I weigh the next sack I get from him and then call him out if its short or should I say something right now?

2. If you trust him like you say you do, I'd approach him about his scale being off. Of course I beleive that he's fallen on some hard times or somethin like that and that's why he's shorting you, but hey anythigs possible and if you can avoid ruining a friendship go that route! Best of luck to ya.

3. Seems to me that the scale weighing heavy doesn't quite make sense, at one point it's 4g off, and then it's .7 off.. Unless the story about him grabbing the wrong sack is true.

4. Its funny you say he's probably fallen on hard times...he actually lost his job not too long ago and just got another one and its not paying him well....maybe thats it. But still, you shouldn't be shorting your friends.

5. He must owe someone some money or be in trouble with some gangs or something.
    Has he been acting suspicious lately and does only deal in cannabis and not any 'unmentionables'?

6. I would just talk to the guy like he's the friend you say he is. Be open and honest about the weights and ask what's on the go in the nicest way possible. Live High. Stay High. 💚💛❤️

7. Lack of income leads to desperation. I don't think his scale is off, I re- read it and it's been "off" a total of 3 times and all 3 times it's off a different amount. If you wanna keep the friendship I would approach him but try to be calm and understanding of his position. No matter what though he shouldn't short a friend.

8. there are no such things as friends when it comes too money and herb..

9. Great advice, thats what I want to do. I'm a nice guy so I want to be as a nice as possible when I bring this up. Although I think that being the nice guy is something he might be taking advantage of? But yeah, I want to just let him know that "Hey man, maybe you need to recalibrate your scale" or something like that.

10. My guy started getting sketchy with weight... I told him and let it slide. Swore he was weighing it... Bought him a new scale at harbor freight for 12 bucks... He weighed my sack on it... 11gs for a half. Went home, came back with his scale and sure as shit it said 15gs. I have a few .5 gram gold bars.. and grabbed some old nickels... Accurate on the new one, his was off. Gave me a free half and thanked me for the new scale. His was just getting knocked around too much.

11. Yeah you are probably right, which is why I wish I could find another dealer, or that it was legal in my state. 

12. Great story man, glad that worked out :smoke:

13. My guy is cool. Shit, he has a key to my house to drop off when I ain't home, and uses my garage and tools when he needs to. Keep your friends close and dealer closer.

14. Damn, that's the dealer that everyone on GC dreams about. Unless they grow of course.

15. Next time you buy have him weigh it in front of you stating that the last couple times weighed short on your scale.  Business is business and a good dealer will have no problems doing this.  Just make sure the scales you are using away from him are accurate, a nickel will weigh between 4.7-5.2, and bills will weigh about 1 gram give or take moisture weight.  Also he doesn't sound like a good friend because you aren't getting fat sacks assuming your scales were correct.

16. Weigh it out with your scale in front of him on pickup. Then be like "your scale is off man, and has been off last three pickups". Then proceed to expose the firearm sitting in the holster on your hip so he gets the point.

17. I wouldn't necessarily say a good friend HAS to give you fat sacks, I'd say as long as you get the amount you paid for it's all good. There's more at play then the friendship, like money. That being said a fat sack would still be really nice lol

18. yeah man i think you need to bring your scale and ask him to bring his also, then see whos scale is fucked up. if they both read the same then he isnt being a "friend" 

19. Good friends are hard to come by.  Any friend certainly wouldn't short you.

20. Right, I didn't say a friend should short you. When I hear fat sack I think of maybe a gram or so extra? Maybe we're just thinking of different things :p