How do I confront a friend that uses me for weed?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by danhop123, Oct 13, 2015.

1. I have this friend and he is a nice guy but he only wants to hang out when I am going to smoke he never buys. Should I say something? Has this ever happened to you?

2. Tell him you stopped smoking, then see if he still wants to hang out.
    That should make it fairly obvious what his priorities are

3. If it bugs you don't hang with him. I'm sure there's a reason to the madness whether you like hearing it or not is different. 3 options

1. ask the dude to match up because you like his company when you smoke or whatever reason
    2. keep on smoking him out
    3. stop smoking him out

4. My sister always tries that shit I just get blazed before I hang out and say I don't feel like smoking now..I have a rep of not being a pushover so its nice I can be blunt about whatever and people know no means no with me...If you don't feel like smokin with him then don't

5. just ask for some money to help pay for their usage of your herb...

6. Yeah, mate, you can see from all the posts that's a universal problem. Some people are just freeloaders. Maybe he doesn't mean to be a mooch, just doesn't know better. I'd tell him gently that he's got to contribute something. Good luck. You don't want to lose a friend, but if the friend is only interested in your cannabis they're not really a friend.

7. Right on - be frank with him and tell him it simply isn't fair for you to supply it all.

J

8. Explain the cost to him. Tell him you can't afford to continue being so generous.

9. Ok OP - so it's been a few days. What have you done about this?

Inquiring minds want to know!

J

10. #11 Deleted member 629842, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    I'm curious too what OP chose to do.

What I do to help avoid mooching friends, is just never show them your main stash. Always have some bag set aside and make it seem like you don't have an endless supply they can just smoke whenever they want.

11. Brilliant, HerbTurf. I know posts like this don't add to the thread, but that is such a good idea. I do that- usually with joints- just didn't think of it that way. OP, what do you think?

12. I'd just tell him straight up, you feel like he's using you for weed because he never matches. If he gets offended then obviously he's using you for weed. Fuck him. You can find better friends and until then you're better off by yourself.

13. Hi Dan. Sounds like you need to man up and get real about your "friend." I don't know about you, but if I had weed when I was younger and before I started our grow, I had to get out and beat the bushes to find it and then had to pay a nice price for it, not to mention putting myself at risk even being around a dealer. I doubt you've got people just showing up at your house handing out sacks. If you don't have a problem with this guy having a good time at your expense, that's fine. Though I never minded sharing what I had with others, I could never stand a user. They're a dime a dozen...never a shortage. The best way to handle this is just to be honest. Either he can pitch in and help pay for the product or, God forbid, show up with some and share with me. Tell him you would love to remain friends, but you will no longer be sharing your stash with him. See how much he comes around then. I'm 52 years old and I can count the true friends I've made throughout my life on the fingers of one hand. You don't get many in this life who even deserve to be called a friend, so when you do have someone come along that meets all your qualifications, protect that relationship. They're few and far between. Good luck! TWW

14. excellent advice and regarding "true friends? - you're completely right. A real friend would give you his last joint and go without him/her self - certainly not be a "mooches".

I honestly don't want more than a couple real friends. Of course I have plenty of acquaintances but true friends? Yep - just a couple and that's fine.

A real friend will do anything for you - no matter what it might be. A real friend would give you his last joint or the last of his water in the desert. Real friends are rare.

15. say..."buy your own kush, mooching bitch....' assuming it's a guy...if a chick-try hoe...lol...