How do I cleanly re-break a pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by KotaChrome, Jan 6, 2019.

1. A while back, my favorite pipe broke into three decently clean pieces. I wasn't even mad since I'd wanted to figure out how to scrape him out, anyway. It was a unique opportunity since I could so easily fix it. But now he's starting to get all gunked up again, and being low on bud between paychecks I once again find myself trying to figure out how to scrape him clean. What would be the best way to cleanly re-break the piece? Would just melting the seal and pulling it apart work?

Pictures included

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Lemuel001, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    I would try and find a local glass blower to fix it and make it like new again. It really shouldn't cost too much for them to meld it back together. As far as getting the resin out, I would have just soaked it in ISO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. E5346D4A-FE02-4D9F-A64D-307608B9E62B.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. OK why don't you clean it with alcohol?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Some acetone from your local hardware store should do the trick, it is the only thing that will dissolve cyanocrylate adhesive (Super or Krazy Glue). It does not dissolve most plastic and can be used to clean it safely.. I'd soak a rag with some and simply apply the rag around wherever you glued it, keep it there and slowly, twist/turn wherever you glue your piece together. Watch out for those letters tho, the acetone may remove some of the coloring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. He wants to scrape it to smoke the resin. Using alcohol or acetone will make the resin unsmokable. It will be poison.
    OP just needs to buy a new pipe and wait until he has money for more bud...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. You want to re break to scrape the SHIT out and smoke it! Why that is pure tar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Acetone does not leave residue, for it evaporate at a rather fast rate.. None of his/her precious resin within the pipe will be comprised simply by rubbing the exterior with acetone, the acetone will simply aid in debonding the adhesive as the pipe is pulled together.. Why not just order another pipe off the weed at this point. I mean re-gluing a glued together pipe seems somewhat redundant and pipes are rather cheap off the web. Best of luck mate, try to cut yourself in the process lol

9. Nice toes :rolleyes:

Why would you even want to smoke resin it doesn't get you high & smells gross lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Everyone knows you got to eat it, it's the only way.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. One of buds saw me at the park smoking.. He then asked, “hey let me get hit. Wait what in the fuck are you smoking”

My pipe was loaded with a ressy (resin) bowl at the time and because I was low and wanted more to myself, I angrily replied “fuckin weed, you wanna get high or no? No huh?”

He goes “well.. if you say it’s weed... I guess.. never seen’t no black week... your sure this ain’t crack”

I replied with handing him the pipe.

He hit it. 3 minutes elapsed. He says, “bro are you sure that wasn’t crack dude... I’ve never been this fucking high off a hit”

Moral of the story is, resin can get you pretty loaded if your down and out lol :pimp:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. It's still nasty as hell!

When I was a teenager, I would end up cleaning my pipes and smoke the resin. It was nasty, gave me a disgusting buzz, and each time I did it I said to myself "Wth did I just do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You could handle it as reclaim, but that will def be nasty as fuck smoking it :( How to handle it kind of depends what you have available.

* If you have access to ever-clear you can use that without worrying, it is food grade.
    * ISO is good but can very often contain additives that are dangerous or nasty. I can use my ISO for reclaim but it is 99% without additives.
    * Acetone works well if it is clean, but a lot of acetone nowadays has additives which makes it a bad choice.

Only way I can think of from the top of my head if you want to smoke it.

14. Coconut oil so its hot thay will take away the redin then just use the coconut oil in something.

Or iso will clean it but youll need to allow it a a few days with some airflow before smoking it so all the iso evaps use 99.9%

15. OP, you still haven’t bought a new pipe yet have you.

16. Of course it can get you high nasty in the fact it will smell but its condensed oil vapor that collects bit like rosin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Other opition is butane again is dangerous in the fact it can blow up if someone sparks a lighter or walks in smoking just needs heat to go not just a flame. Then you gotta wait before using it but dont go breaking your pipe lol

18. Lol this is very dangerous, why would you recommend this to OP. Last thing we need is a young man blowing up his house all for a bit of resin out his pipe :lmafoe:

19. Well first off its an option i said the risks and if and im sorry but i feel if your smoking weed you should be old enough not to be stupid at a young age i was messing about safely with butane and various chemicals i knew had a reactio. and knew not to be stupid with it safty first and all that

I didnt just say use butane.

But iso can be just as flamable and aceatone

People make bho all the time and manage it with out blowing t
    Up the gaff unless gc is now catering to 12 yearolds