Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Do I Calibrate My Scale?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kottonmouth 420, May 29, 2010.

1. I know this is a dumb questions but i dont know how to calibrate my scale. My scale has two buttons, one is the on, off and zero button and the other is the light and calibrate button. So i push and held the second button to get it to calibrate and then it came up on my scale and says CAL and then says 100.0 for a bit and then it comes up with a E. So I dont know what im supposed to do.

HELP ME!!!

:smoking:

2. If you told the name and model of the scale I could give you better instructions. But most likely you need to buy a calibration weight. If you turn it on will it weigh things out for you? If so you can just put on a nickel (which is 5g's) and remember the difference. But obviously calibrating it would be the best way. Good luck!

3. I dont know the name but the model number is FX-400. And ya it weights stuff out for me.

4. Then for now if you'd like just weight out a nickel and see if it's 5g's. If not then you know that your scale is off by whatever the weight is. If it says 4.8 then you have to make sure to add .2 every time you weigh. Obviously getting a calibration weight would be the best way but if for now you would like you could do that.

5. Alright thanks for the help

6. I think when it says 100 you have to put a 100g weight on it.

7. Cant you just zero it off? When nothing is on it, press the zero button... idk thats what we do in Chem :smoking:

8. a nickle weighs 5g. get 20 nickles to calibrate it.

9. everytime i put a nickel on it it says 4.5 but a five peice from my dealer weights .5 so i dont know why a nickel is all fucky

:smoking: