how diverse are you when it comes to music?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by locnar, Feb 19, 2009.

1. i like reggae, but like more bob marley or rebelution or richie spice or toots n the maytals kinda stuff not dancehall. also like sublime slightly, stoopid

then some of my favorites are pink floyd, radiohead, incubus, coldplay, rise against, a7x, RATM, People under the stairs (mad good just herd of em the other day), 2pac, a little lil wayne, kanye, bayside....

but no one comes close to bob marley, gets me through the bad times and makes the good times better. no one can touch him. jimi hendrix comes close tho.

2. I listen to everything but opera. :smoke:

3. I'll listen too almost kinds of rock, hip-hop, rap, and pop. Country is nice for a car ride in the summer but I don't listen to it too heavily. I can't say I love every song from one genre, of course there's good songs and bad songs everywhere, and it really makes me angry when people bash on rap and hiphop.

4. My range is from classic to metal, yet most rap doesn't fit in their. I like a few rappers and songs, but ugh, other than that, lets just chill with reggae some punk and other shit.

5. I dig pretty much everything from extreme metal and classic rock to jazz and classical. I suppose I'm pretty diverse with my tastes, but metal remains my one true love.

6. I agree. I like a lot of different types. I even like country! (some)

7. I say everyone now a days listens to a bunch of different genres of music just cuz we can. I mean think about it, if you get your music for free, you grab the songs that your looking for, but if somehting has an interesting title you grab that too.
    I started listing to dance music because I saw some song on Lime Wire named Ravers Paradise. At the time if I saw a CD titled Ravers Paradise i would think, "what is this doing in the pop/rock section?" but because it was free i grabbed it.
    I think our generation doesn't really have a defined scene because we done care about only one scene, we like what sounds good no matter what box you put around it.

8. i listen to a wide variety of music,i have come to appreciate music,and wot it can do,it has the ability to cross borders,color lines,racial lines,political,and religious barriers,i listen to everything from shabba ranks,to metallica,im currently really into the wolftones ,they play mainly irish rebel ( IRA ) music,i will listen to any music that sounds good,theres not really any 1 music that i dont like ,except maybe music that sounds like racket ,im rambling cause im stoned as hell and no work today,jamming dj screw 25 lighters on my dresser:smoke:

9. lol sometimes i feel like i have to be brave to admit i like SOME country.. mainly older country from the 60's and 70's

10. You sound like me. Metal has always been my favorite but I dig classical, jazz, blues, all kinds of world music, a little electronic music. Not too big on rap or country, but its good once in a while.

11. I used to love only 1 band...

now I like PUNK the most

but I try to listen to metal (most of my friends do)

also some old school gangsta rap (its kind of like black ppl's punk)

classical too...WTF? but alone so I can think about stuff without being disturbed

12. #32 KingDavid, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    I think what he meant was that a person who likes "music" enjoys and appreciates various types of music, can probably play an instrument, history of music, etc...where as if you only listen to classic rock...you like classic rock.

It's kind of like saying "I love The Beatles" and only knowing one song.

If you really loved the Beatles you would have their whole discography, know most of the songs, etc.
    It would be more accurate to say "I love 'Come Together'"

13. I like almost everything except country
    pretty much my favorites are ska/punk and rap music

14. #34 Kersplash, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    i like psychedelic, rock and roll, some country, some rap( such as Flight of the Concords), bluegrass, folk, light rock(James Taylor), southern rock, some old 60s pop, progressive rock, jazz, funk, Motown, and some other stuff i cant think of and also blues

15. I can't say my tastes are very diverse I love all rock n roll especially punk rock and metal and I like me some good reggae but I can't say I really like much past those boundaries yea there are exceptions to the rule but that's pretty much where I stay. I figure that's what I like best so why leave it when I know whats out there cause I listened to all kinds of music until I turned 14 cause I was a radio guy but nowadays I hardly touch radio I like what I like and I don't much care about what other people say about it cause shit they don't gotta listen to it...

Hmmm I seem like an angry person weird since I'm not... Whatever I ramble peace

16. i listen to all kinds of shit. rock, hip hop, elctronic, trance, psytrance, dnb, imd, edm, dubset, bluegrass, rockabilly, funk. so long as a group or artist has a discernable talent, ill give em a listen.

17. yea, I stated that one kinda weird. Of course they like music, dude. I guess I just meant that most exclusive listeners are such because of stylistic loyalty or lack of interest in actually "exploring" music. I do know people like this, but I didn't mean to suggest they're somehow incapable of appreciating an art, you know?

18. Although, Id have to agree with the statement of they dont like music. No one with any musical interest, can exclusively listen to ONE genre...it would defeat the purpose of them liking music....

19. I too hate it when someone listens to just one type of music. I like it all, I've recently started getting into rap, hip-hop, and jazz. I like anything from Opeth to Tribe Called Quest to Mogwai to Primus. There's too much good music out there to be narrow minded.