Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How did your parents find out you smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PermanentlyHigh, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I was at a Rush concert and a row or 2 down someone kept hitting their little bowl and without thinking I looked to my mom and said "Smells like someones smoking some pot down there." and she looked at me and jokingly said I was busted, I then proceeded to actually lay it down to her a few days later that I do.. She took it quite well, I showed her my pieces and we smoked that night. We smoke every once and awhile now, its quite nice, but I have to smoke in the garage due to me having a little sister.

I also told my dad about a month later (Parents are separated :/) and he was a little concerned it might be affecting my grades but once I told him I was doing well in school he was cool with it, I now toke with him when I visit him, its really nice.

2. Poor you your dad found your weed. I don't have to worry about that because my dads in prison.

3. brother smoked pot in his room. dad smelt it, knew i was too because we are always goin for 'rides' and hangin out together. sucks when you got a dumb smoke partner who cant cover smell. i always smoked in my room and never got caught. he did three times and busted

4. I've been smoking bud since I was 14 and got caught when I was 16. I had just got home from my buddy's house, eyes red and glossy, and sat down to watch some TV with my fam when my mom out of the blue tells me to give her the bowl I had in my pocket. I froze and it felt like my heart stopped, cause I thought my parents were squares and I knew they were going to kill me. Since I couldn't think my way out of a direct command like that, I just pulled out the bowl and handed it to her. She took it and said she needed to talk to my dad alone, so I went in my room and waited. After a while they told me to come back out. My dad told me "it's better to be in the tent pissing out than out of the tent pissing in", gave me my bowl back, then asked me if I wanted to burn some herb with them.

Btw, I'm pretty baked right now too.:smoke:

5. Told them cause they couldnt figure out the smell coming from my room and Were tryin to drug test me cause they thought it was somthing worse

6. First time when I ripped a bong I was 14, came home with my eyes red as holy hell, and my mom was REALLY suspicious. Then like a month later I got busted in school with it. Lots of fun

Know weed, know peace. No weed, no peace.

7. i came home stoned as fuck and like a dumbass, the first thing i did was make a sandwhich. mom flipped out, rofl.

8. For my family it was the other way around. It should be called how did you find out that your parents smoke? Haha I found out they did first, well then I just joined in. :)

9. my dad always knew hah. but my mom was going through my camera and there was a picture of me schmoking a bewl 

10. when I was 17, i told my mom if i can use the van for a bit to go to a friends house a couple blocks away, she said okay, so i went to another friends house and ended up hotboxing it with so much weed and i ended up joy riding it and not coming home for like 3 days and when i came home she was so pissed she reported the car stolen , me missing. haha she just took a whiff of the van and it was over man haha. she was so pissed cuz it was also out only car making it kind os me looking like an asshole, but hey i was immature and retarded. probably stillam

11. Mine suspected it in grade 9, but never had any evidence. In 10th grade I came home stoned as FUCK, eyes low, uncommunicative, just generally out of it trippin balls. My dad came in my room, sat down, and said "You're high as fuck. Go to sleep we'll talk in the morning"

The next morning his talk consisted of him saying "Save it for university and don't scare your mom like that", a joking slap to the head, and sending me on my way.

12. I smoked weed whenever I wanted to in my room without even trying very hard to hide the smell and my parents still don't know to this day. My circumstances were kinda different than most though, because both of my parents had a job (no time to go through my shit), my bedroom was very far away from theirs, and they pretty much left me alone all day after I turned 13.

Now I'm in college, still smoking, but I think I'm just going to tell them soon. I hate keeping this thing that I love so much a secret from the people that I love so much. 

13. My parents dont know. I was out on my own when I started smoking. I have smoked at my parents house only once since I started smoking - they werent home. So Ive never had an opportunity for them to smell anything. 

14. #74 0ri0n, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    My dad actually told me he smokes first, and he got really upset about it, so I told him I smoke too. It was all weird and backwards, he was scared I would be disappointed in him.

15. You steal weed from your dad STILL? Yeah, you're definitely 18... Please don't steal weed from anyone... It's just a horrible thing. Don't give stoners a bad name. 

16. How about u answer the post instead of critisizing others, you give stoners bad names... I got caught via my facebook messages haha

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Returned home with the cop's.They had warrant to search weed in the house.

18. I really didn't get caught, for me it was the fact of growing balls to tell my mom. She smokes weed herself ( medical reasons ). I have a sister 2 years older than me. So when she was in about 8th grade she started experimenting with pot. I seen my mom and her do it and I knew i was next in line. The smell was delightful and it looked even better so there was no doubt. I waited til 7th grade to try it with a few older friends. There it was... From there on it became a part of me. Only problem was I had no money to support my habit so I would lean on my sister to smoke me up which was depending on if we were getting along. So time passed and at the beginning of 8th grade, I was in the room while my mom was smoking. I told her that I smoked weed myself... She looked at me and passed me the blunt. There was a long pause and then without any hesitation I took the blunt and started chiefing. She looked at me but wasn't in amaze. But yeah ever since then my mom has been good to me.

19. I left my bong under my desk and I went out all day, when I came home i noticed that my dad put the computer back in my room because it was broken.  You have to go under my desk to connect all the cords so he saw it but left it where it was.  2 days later I left him a note explaining why I use cannabis and how it benifits me.  Now I never have to worry about hiding it  :bongin:

20. came home late and stankin cuz of that loudness back in like 8th or 9th grade