Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How did your parents find out you smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PermanentlyHigh, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Not really sure. I'm pretty sure I came home smelling like smoke, maybe red eyes. I was really cautious but then I just got lazy and things would get a little more obvious over time. So it wasn't like a surprise. She kind of had an idea and when she found out she wasn't really surprised. In a way it was good that it happened like that.

2. They found some weed in my cross country bag haha

3. When i smoked up my parents, he was pretty chill about it.

4. My bro snitched on me for it, 3 times. They would never have found out if he didn't say anything.

5. My parents dont know... yet...
    I kind of want them to know just so I donr have to go through the hassle of hiding it :/
    but I don't think they'd be very accepting....

6. My parents have always known, right from when I started. It's so much easier that way, no sneaking round trying to hide it.

7. Back in the summer holidays me and my buddy (We were 14) were smoking a bong outside at about 10 at night. My mum and step-dad came out and caught us. surprisingly they weren't angry at all and insted asked us for some bud in exchange for some really expensive ice-creams, Anyway being the stoners we are accepted and damnn that was some good icecream. To this day both my parents know i smoke. They still don't mind but dont want me doing it in school,

8. Well, it was about2:30 and my mom usually comes home at 5, so a buddy and me smoke in my garage( where we smoke cause it's easily aired out) well my mom started a new job and i forgot and she got home at 3 and i just got smoking and she comes in and says, where you two smoking pot?!?! Be honest!!! And so i told her yes, and owned her logic and she's ok with me smoking :)

9. #49 bagofweed, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    My sister and I smoke weed every day (at home, in her car, at parties, etc.) but, my other sister thinks she's perfect and told my parents on me. My dad is a major pothead and I jacked most of my weed from him and he still got mad at me for smoking (not knowing that I jacked his weed of course :)) :/. I still do it because I finally ordered new pieces and I sneak into his room and grab my bowls. Anybody know how my sister can get my dad to be cool with me smoking because she is the one who supplies him? lol (First post !!!)

10. I walked around to my garage one night, and my dad was toking, sitting on the back of his pickup truck. He held out the joint to me, and after hesitating only a little bit, I said "why not?"

From then on, we smoke together when we visit one another. And my mom has just started joining us. She has always smoked, but didn't really feel comfortable smoking with me. Now she's good. :)

11. First time i got caught i had a little less than a dub in my pocket. So i forgot i had ot in my pocket fell asleep on the couch and as i was sleeping the sack fell out on the floor. So as im waking up my father is coming down the stair walks towards the couch and picks it up. They told me that as long as i stop i wont get kicked out (i was 18 or 19 cant remember). The second time was prob about less than a year after. I had used their car in the morning before my mother went to work and forgot my wallet in there car i had a dime bag tucked away in it. My mother looked through and tried to say my wallet fell and that the bag fell out which was bullshit.. and i didnt get kicked out that time becuase my grandmother passed away a day after that happen. Exactly a year later they caught me in the middle of rolling a blunt and talked to me the next day and told me that as long as they dont see or smell it and i dont keep it in the house that they dont care.

12. I'm a regular 18 year old that goes to parties and hangs out with friends... I've actually talked to them about weed without directly saying "weed", such as while at the doctors and other things. My parents know I'm a smart person and am mature enough to know when it's time to handle business and when it's time to have fun.

13. First off: If you haven't been caught yet, with weed, there IS a first for everything!!

Well, when I was 17 (couple days before my 18th bday, actually) And I toked at my friends, got high as fuck in his room with his bongs, and my mom texted me "Got dominoes at home waiting for you - extra cheese + Bacon" I remember it clearly. I mentioned to my friend "it's like she knows, man!" So, I start running home to deplete my high. And my step dad rolls up next to me, saying "need a ride home, bud?!" and Im like, Nope! Joggin' home!... Long story short, I smoke with my dad, brother, sister, step sisters, step brother, step-brother in law, step dads parents, Basically EVERYONE in my family except for my mom and step dad. And I asked my sis, "are my eyes red?" and She said, Naw, your fine! I go down stairs and the first thing I hear is, "Why are your eyes red?!" And from there, "Are you smoking pot... Are you smoking pot?! I just want to know, are you smoking POT?!" over and over. I just gave up. Fuck it. She tried to get me to tell her all the people I do it with, I was like Fuck you. I will stop out of respect, but I won't rat anyone out, ever.

Hmm, the best way I could think is talk it over with your sister. Tell her you really would enjoy a toke session with her and your dad. It really brings the family together, trust me! And if you do happen to have a toke session with your dad, bring your a-game! Don't be a hog, don't waste, hold your smoke, don't act like a noobie. If you get in, chill like an adult with them, next time they will ask you if you want to smoke, instead of you asking them.

14. I was just smoking in my room as usual, and my mom smelled it after I had left to go on the computer. And being her naive self, she was screaming like "OH MY GOD, MATTHEW, THERE'S A FIRE IN YOUR ROOM, I CAN SEE ALL THE SMOKE!" and was about to call the fire dept. when I confessed to smoking. Haha she was maaaad about getting so freaked out.

15. My mom? NO FUCKING WAY SHE'S FINDING OUT.

16. The police. Woot

17. Well my dad always suspect it because I sometimes come home after school baked and when he's helping me on a math problem. I space out and he said "Are you taking drugs" suggesting I should get drug tested. I was paranoid and I said "why me"

soo few days later. My friend and me at school. Decided to cut lunch period to go to giant. We walked up there. Got some snacks, then my friend took out a black from his pocket and he said lets smoke it and i said I no longer smoke cigarettes. He said he put weed . We smoke at the woods, came back to school. Not high....I guess there was more tobacco than weed. Anyway security saw us on there camera skipping class. They brought us to the office because we were smelling like smoke. They search us and they didn't find anything. Bet they were mad as shit. They took us to the fucking nursing office to check if we were high. later they let us go and gave us detention and called my parents. When i came home, my mom freaked,got a whopping. I made a rookie mistake. When my dad came home. He was using my phone and found out. I search marijuana on my phone. They always dictate to me to stop but I rather not

18. First time? Hot boxed my basement when i was roughly 14 15 lol wasnt too bad tho

19. Came home super baked, mom and dad noticed and said did you try weed today? and i just smiled and said yeah. they laughed at me and i kept walking lol.

i went to my room and passed out and woke up to them asking if i had the munchies and my mom made mad Italian foods and i munched out for dinner lol

20. Well, this all happened within the past month. I went on vacation, and my step dad made a joke about not bringing weed on the plane. He's known for a little while already, guess he's alright with it.
    My dad actually told me that he does it, and then asked me if I did. He said he figured, but didn't want to ask/come out when I was younger because it may have been awkward.
    My mom... She just found out a few days ago and with the way I explained it, I believe she's okay with it. Hasn't been brought up, at least.