How did you leave your parent/'s?

Discussion in 'General' started by Reo, May 19, 2017.

1. Not asking for advice just situations or stories on how you moved out.

As for me I got a key cut for myself and when my mom was gone I moved out. ( To make it real short).

Best thing I've done. Fuck like 20 yrs old and I didn't deserve a house key or a door for my room...... She was insecure, over controling, and a sadist at most times.

Yup moved out, saying nothing about it either. And haven't talked in close to a year and a half since I moved out two years this September

2. What in the hell were you living with your mother for at age 20??? Just sitting around toking and waiting for her to finish your laundry? Did you spit out the food she provided you too?

Godamn, in my day my Dad told me that the day after I turned 18 I would find my bags packed for me outside the front door. I moved from home at age 16 to work on site at a remote farm, and have been my own man ever since. Good lord, with respect your mother was doing you a FAVOR by allowing you to soak up her life after your ass should have hit the road and become a man.

Sounds to me like you got tossed and you are ptiching a tantrum for her benefit.
    Man up and live life without expecting anyone to do anything for you. Do it yourself, and for fucks sake stop being a prick to your Mom because she chooses to live her life the way she wants. Do you owe her nothing for wiping the shit out of your ass crack all those years?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. You sound like an old fart. I'd never kick my kids out when they turn 18. You do realize nowadays most are still staying at home with parents. Some people you know, stick together as a big family which I intend to do. I didn't work hard to kick my family out, get that old way of thinking and shiv it in a dumpster. Sounds like you weren't loved.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3

4. Just because most people eat at McDonalds hardly makes it a healthy choice. Failing to push your child into a life on their own, living by their own rules, and failing or succeeding on their own is a failure in parenting. You are setting the kid up for heartache because you as a parent don't have the gonads to kick the little bastards down the road. I agree America has become filled with morbidly obese young folks that suck off of mom and dad for sometimes decades, but reaching the age of 20 without having ever washed your own underwear or provided your own place to live or food to eat?

You call this love? I call it absurd and cowardly as a parent. If you are gonna pop a kid, then man up and be a parent and not a best friend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I left in a huff and it was a year before my dad spoke to me. We got through it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. How many kids do you have?

7. Im guessing you dont have children. Might be an age thing, I know a lot of older guys who think the same thing I slightly agree, but theres plenty of twenty somethings that would prove your statement wrong. I don't think that "push them out at 18" is the right way. Of course some parents will let their kids sit around and mooch but that's definitely not something that happens with everyone.

8. These days a 18 year old doesn't have the skills to support himself. Kicking a person out of the house before you prepare him to be independent is like abuse. Some kids deserve it but if yours is trying to learn a skill or get an education then kicking them out makes you look really bad. It's the parents job to prepare their children for life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. One girl. She is 22. She lives on her own and is rightly proud of it.

10. There not really any story to it I had enough money for my own place and told my dad and mom I was moving out the end. I still visited them all the time tho we get along fine. usually.

11. Forcing a young man or woman to find food and shelter on their own while you the parent are still alive to help pick up the pieces when they fail (and they WiLL fail) is what the love of a parent can really do for a child. A parent who makes choices based on what it "looks like" in the eyes of another is a poor parent. A parent who makes choices based only on their own wants and needs is a poor parent.

The greatest gift that any Olympic Medalist has ever been given to any human is defeat and failure. It is only the sting of losing or failing that can inspire the part of us that NEVER wants to lose again - and you can only feel the sting by trying your best to succeed and then failing. It is only by the child enduring the prospect or the actual circumstance of homelessness that a parent can honestly express their love. The child can learn to MAKE SURE they do not have to endure it again because their ass knows that it is up to them alone to survive in the world.

If you force a kid to learn life on their terms while you are still alive then you as a parent can be there for them when the chips get REALLY down. If you never allow them to fail, they will never know what it takes to succeed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. I'm 21 still live with my parents. If my parents were to kick me out i'd be fine but noone in my family would ever do that to family lol fuck that old man

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You can only guess that you could make it on your own. You have yet to prove it. You have yet to become a man. You are naive to believe you can make it on your own until you try it. The real question is this; are you afraid to try?

14. Really what are you trying to prove is what im wondering lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. I disagree with you bud.

The guys only 20 he isn't 30.

I don't think most young people can just go work a farm nowadays by talking about it. I'm assuming your old as dirt considering how you just flew off the handle on him also the fact "shit when I 17 I was already my own man etc". Society doesn't exactly view 18 year Olds as capable adults like they did about 20-30 years ago either.

Your not doing these kids any favors by throwing them out into a world when the odds already stacked against them. Times are much different and the world is alot less friendly and sympathetic to the woes of the youth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I suppose I am pointing out the spineless nature of mooching off of your parents for far longer than it takes to prepare for facing life as a productive person in their own right. Since I abhore political correctness I do not aspire to paint lipstick on a pig and call it good looking. A man child at 21 that boasts of mooching off of his parents now YEARS after high school seems pretty spineless to me. My generation called it "mooching".

I could be less direct in my thoughts and posts, but that is not me. I am telling you straight here the truth. Often, it is the things most truthful that rile and anger us, and especially those to whom the truth applies. If the post pisses you off, good. It means I hit something inside of you that my generation used to call "a man".

If you place no value on being considered a man, who can stand on his own, then my words will mean nothing to you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Your right man you just changed my life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Because being a man = moving out of parents house. Guess I'm part of the Man club, when do I get my badge, beard, and first boobies? Don't forget the beer. Beers bongs bitches and blunts we got beers bongns bitches and blunts here here's to manhood, long live the kings law !

19. I havent stated my opinion on the matter, i am just trying to unravel why you are so grumpy about it

20. I got kicked out when I was 17 :coolalt:

• Informative Informative x 1