How deadly is over watering to a plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Zero Cool, Jul 13, 2010.

1. My plant's leaves are tilted upwards around the edges. It's like the leaves are wilting upwards. I'm not sure but I remember hearing that that is a sign of overwatering. If it is, I'm slightly concerned because the top of the soil in the pot has remained moist for a couple of days, without me watering it. It's supposed to rain tonight. Does this pose as a serious risk to my plant? I have a mixture of miracle gro vegetable and flower soil and a similar miracle gro soil that is for moisture control. It's supposed to retain water and disperse it to the plant to prevent over and under watering. Also, the plant is just over a foot tall if this is helpful.

2. first of all, transplant into some better soil.. miracle gro has extended release fertilizers that stay in the plant after it's harvested, which makes for shitty weed.

then, just water/feed when the soil dries up, or when the dirt pulls away from the sides of the pot

3. I was aware that the miracle gro gave the bud a shitty flavor. But since the soil was exposed to rain for a couple of months before I started using it, and it's supposed to feed your plants for 3 months, I figured by the time I harvest, the ferts would be long gone. Idk, that's just my thinking. If I'm wrong, I can get some new soil, but I'd really rather not to minimize stress on the plant

4. definite drainage problem...what size pot.....i have read overwatering kills more weed than anything else........plenty of holes in bottom of pot....then i use styrafoam peanuts chopped a bit for about an inch at the bottom....to promote drainage...roots need air....get it out of that pot for sure:smoke:

5. Um, potentially all the way deadly?

6. As soon as somebody says miracle grow, people flip their titties and cut off their nipples; miracle grow isn't bad, not by any means... Time release fertilizer is the problem, which is an option through miracle grow. That doesn't make all miracle grow soil bad. There are plenty of bags that work just fine for marijuana.

As for your plants... Over watering doesn't sound like the problem. Usually leaves curl down when they have too much water, not up.