How dark is dark??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrbob_58, Apr 20, 2010.

1. I still get a small crack of light where my doors meet and a very small amount of light past the filters. just enough you can see it. does the cabinet need to be totaly sealed?

2. yes the littlest amount of light can hurt your harvest.

3. The darker the better, and yes a light leak that big could be an issue, when is it in the dark? I've noticed that putting it on a day/night schedule similar to actual daylight hours can help, but yea go get some window insulation and/or black caulking and/or a couple layers of tape-whatever you do shine a flash light right up to it and see if theres any light that comes through. Also make absolute sure that your timers are working properly, on one of mylast grows my friend turned the timer off so he could look at the plants just a few minutes before the lights were scheduled to come on, then the lights were left on for a few days and that combined with some other stress practically killed the plant-it only yielded a few grams

4. I go inside and turn the light off then look for leaks. the door just needs acouple of magnets. the filters are a bigger problem. the only thing i can think of is to make doors for the vent holes and when i kill the light , kill the fans and cover the ports.

5. You can try just putting a thick blanket over it and see if that helps, watch rh and temp though

6. #6 mrbob_58, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
    I have decided to build baffels for the vents. if i do it right they will let air in and out but not light. since i need 4 vent holes ( 2 for the cabinet and 2 for the hps air coolded refletor) and the vent for the light itself is 6 inches i am going to build breathable covers. the design is quite simple , all that is required is some 1x6 and some 2x2 to build a 3 sided box about a foot long aim the opening toward the wall so it cant pickup reflected light and attach to the side of the cabinet. if i need too i can put alittle accoustic foam on the open end to stop any residue light.... I think i got it!!!! thanks for the help .

:hello:

HAPPY 4/20 ALL

7. No problem man! thats really what these forums are all about after all right? I dont know maybe its cuz its 420 and I just got back from a fucking awesome bb king concert(on 420!) or maybe it cuz I'm still rolling on 5.8 grams of pan shrooms, but seriously people can ego trip pretty bad on these forums, and thats really the side of weed that I hate, so sorry for the rant man, but thanks for making my trip that much happier:D

8. I have had my ass ripped on these forums, but in most cases I deserved it for being stupid. As an experienced outdoor grower i have found indoor growing much more difficult. for the most part i have found the people on this forum to be helpful, informative and friendly. As far as the rest go. while they thorw arround their sticks and stones ...i will be growing great bud while laughing at their posts. I get real nasty eatin shrooms...gotta stay away from those things :wave: