How Dangerous is Outdoor Growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dougie3, May 13, 2008.

1. I've been wanting to plant a couple seeds over on this farm i have, But I was wondering JUST HOW dangerous it is to be grown outdoors.

Specifically, with the helicopters which can spot marijuana from the skiy. Is there any counter to this? Or is that just one of the risks that you take?

2. Are you talking a full blown field of MJ to make a business, or 1-20 plants for personal/dealing usage.

I'm interested in this as well, but i'm pretty sure this would make a difference

3. I think that it would be pretty hard to spot cannabis from the sky if you mix them amongst other "legal" plants. Just don't plant a full acre of pure cannabis in an open field.

You say a couple of seeds... there is no way someone in a chopper is going to spot that unless they are the only two plants growing in an otherwise barren field. As I said, try camouflaging them between other plants. Just make sure YOU are the only human that knows of their existence (TELL ABSOLUTELY NO ONE THAT YOU HAVE PLANTED THEM). I think a big mouth will get you in trouble sooner than passing helicopters.

4. Its not dangerous at all its way less dangerous than growing in your house and they get much bigger with way less care and expense. Unless your growing lots of plants all in one spot I wouldnt worry about helicopters.

5. Heaps of people do it and get away with it so I'm sure there are lots of ways you can make it discreet if you put the effort in.so goodluck.but I wouldnt try it nowadays aye,im in NZ and the government just bought the right to have the images off this US satellite, which provides hardout detail of all of nz,making it really easy to spot weed..they didn't say that was what it was for,but come on,I'm sure they wouldn't pass off an opportunity to bust bud growers..
    peace

6. Don't worry I'm growing 10 plants in the very centre of my home town and it's going well :)

7. someone told me the helicopters use thermo vision or something like that to detect where the plants are because marijuana gives off more heat than other things :eek:, and they mainly look for 50+ cash crop plants

i have 10 plants and im not to worried.. ive planted 3 about 100ft apart.. =-]

8. ur fine people grow 10000 plants in a 2 acre area u just need to be smart and dont use patterns when u plant and try to top some so they dont look like the telltale x-mas tree...also plant in patches of like 10 so its not like a feild of corn but random spots of bud........if they do find ur plants itll be by accident...police dont go for like 10 plants outdoors or indoors even.....only if they stummble on it......plus its under 100 so fed doesnt get involved and ull probbably get parole and a fine if anything.....