How could I lower ph in water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BrazyJay, Aug 31, 2006.

1. How could i lower ph in my water, its 7.0 (store bought drinking water) i measure it but dont have anymore strips, how much of lemon juice, for example, could i add to 1 gallon of water to make it 6.5?? If anyone knows of anything, and how much exactly per gallon would drop it .5 in ph please let me know.

2. You have to measure pH, you can´t guess it.

3. I know that 10 drops of PH down (phosphoric acid) to 10 litres will drop my water (which is 7.5 from the tap) to 5.5. Ive used lemon juice, but it wasnt effective enough for me with a large NFT table. Hope this helps.....

4. yea i figured that... but i was just looking for someone who maybe has done the same thing and knows exactly how much drops it .5... ill most likely be buying a meter but if anyone can suggest some things (preferably organic) that can drop ph that would be helpful

5. What are you growing the plants in. If it's a good quality soil then it will buffer the PH and all wil be ok. I would not worry about the PH

If it's inert then you need to get a PH meter

Max

6. soil and perlite... 50/50... just wanted to drop my water a little because even though ph of 7 works... lower is optimal

7. 3 drops of vinegar to 1 gallon of 7.0 water reduces to 6.8PH