How convenient? Hillary Clinton faints, gets concussion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Twistedd, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Washington (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sustained a concussion after becoming dehydrated and fainting, and will no longer testify Thursday before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on the deadly attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Clinton had been suffering from a stomach virus at the time, according to a statement on Saturday from Philippe Reines, deputy assistant secretary of state.

She is being monitored by doctors and is recovering at home. She was never hospitalized, Reines said.

"At their recommendation, she will continue to work from home next week, staying in regular contact with Department and other officials. She is looking forward to being back in the office soon," Reines said.

Secretary Clinton had been scheduled to testify on Capitol Hill Thursday about the deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, in September that killed four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador.

Jodi Seth, spokeswoman for Sen. John Kerry, Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman, said in a statement that Clinton would not testify before that committee Thursday.

Hillary Clinton faints, has concussion - CNN.com

2. Shady shit.

They're making it pretty obvious, but without proof, no one can really do anything about it.

3. I wish I could do this to get out of trouble. Do you know how fast you were driving? Well officer, I.... I'm feeling a little woozy. *thump*

4. i dont feel good. guess i dont have to do my job.

5. i don't understand why they can't just delay the hearing till she gets better..

if it were a normal murder case and she were a witness or could provide testimony they'd delay or reschedule it for sure.

6. I'm sure they'll make her testify later on. If they don't, that is some shady shit. But like you said AW, If it were a normal case, everything would stop in motion.

7. yeah man..

hey.. what's the deal with Petraeus is he not testifying either?

8. We could have guessed this, in a jokingly manner of course. But damn

9. I have no idea. I haven't been keeping up with it. I don't care much, but there is something sketchy going on. No doubt.

10. I watched a documentary about how a murderer who studied the American justice system vastly in depth, and was able to delay proceedings for 14 years by claiming illness and switching lawyers.

11. Dude whats it called? Thats pretty interesting.

12. F you Hilary dick move dick move shady ass bottom of the barrel ass

13. I'll find out, it is definitely interesting.

14. Really couldn't have said it better myself

15. Ricky Ross, the crack dealer that was getting cocaine from the CIA, was sentenced to life in prison. He learned how to read in prison, started studying law inside, and realized he was able to get parole. He did.

16. That crap is crazy, that guy definitely was productive in jail. I like that.

17. In my opinion, he was unfairly imprisoned. He's a compassionate guy who had to put food on his table. You gotta remember, he didn't know how to read. How does he get a job? He does what he can.

Also, the Government set him up. While also making money off of him.. That is the true criminal offense, on the Government's behalf.

18. I know, that's how Biggie Smalls and 2pac made their livings too. Two of my favorite artists. They were born into certain circumstances and learned effective ways of bringing in money. I'm definitely understanding of those circumstances. You do what you can.

It can go without saying the government is the true criminal in this situation. As long as they can launder money from the drug trade, there wont be a shift in drug policy. Every state is going to have to legalize first.

19. You blades are so jaded about your government. What is with you people? The woman fell and got a concussion. That means she hit her head so hard that her brain bounced against the side of her skull. Concussions are serious afflictions and can kill you.

Why would Hillary Clinton--one of the strongest, and most respected women of a generation--fake such a serious condition, especially considering the fact that her testimony will be inevitable anyway? How can all of you possibly be so distrusting of the people that lead you? There wasn't a single person in this thread who thought, "That poor woman seriously hurt herself, I hope she's alright." There is something seriously wrong with the American attitude these days. What ever happened to loving your fellow man and American pride? Sheesh...and it's almost Christmas, too.

20. Does this question seriously need to be answered by anyone in this forum?