How Contagious is PM?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by daro, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Went to a buddy's house today to water his plants while he's out of town. While i was there i noticed one plant with what I'm assuming is a pretty gnarly PM problem. I sounded the alarm to him, and when i got home stripped all my clothes off in the garage, ran right into the shower and threw all my clothes into the washer. Even left the hat i was wearing in the truck, i'm worried that i could introduce it to my indoor grow, am i covered with the steps that i took trying to make sure i was clean before i came back into the grow space. I need a little reassurance before i crack the tent.

2. My zuchinni have PM. Others hardly get it.
    It's the end of September rot that gets me

3. so you think im good then?

• Like Like x 1
  4. You'll be fine but being careful isnt a bad thing. As long as you weren't rolling around in his plants you should be fine. I have it on several plants throughout my yard and try to avoid going in my room till I have showered and haven't passed it on indoors yet

5. Green cure treats PM. Everywhere is out of stock for some reason. I have this now.
    IMG_20200910_155120.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. thanks ya'll. feeling better, might have to pass along the treatment suggestion to the homie. i feel bad for his poor chem-mango plant.

7. Once a plant has it you will not get rid of it but you can treat it like PC said and hopefully make it to harvest. Some plants are more susceptible than others

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm hoping i wont need the info like my buddy will but what does "treatment" look like vs. gettin rid of it? just stemming the spread to other parts of the plant? (i.e. the fans leaves and bud sites that have it are fucked, but what hasn't been touched might be salvageable?)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes you basically just continue to spray Green cure or potassium bicarbonate to keep it at bay and from taking over the plant to the point of almost death. If left untreated it will be hard for the plant to photosynthesize and will stop growing. If he is indoors and has it then he needs more air movement and lower humidity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. He’s got two other plants running near the infected one outdoors, if he’s not committed to the treatment of the infected one I’m assuming he should just chop it in the interest of preserving the other two?

11. Outdoors is tough if he's in a high humidity low temp area which is why I gave up outdoors. Even with weekly IPM treatment all through veg last year and having fans moving air all night in flower and pulling them under cover during rains I still ended up with it so I made the move inside.