Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How come I get so much higher at night?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sinnerman, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Even if I toke up 3 times during the morning/day time, when I toke up at night I get much more high.

Anyone know why this is?

Kind of baffles me.

2. I've found that the environment in which you smoke greatly affects the potency and characteristics of a high.

For example, I get way more high smoking in my usual spots than I do at parties in houses I've never been to before. I also get more high at night, and with certain people.

Environmental cues alter your mind even when you're not smoking weed. The circadian rhythm alters levels of different neurotransmittors in your brain, and sunlight will as well.

So in short, this is normal. People underestimate the extent to which environmental factors affect highs, and you're experiencing this first hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Last saturday i smoked about 10 joints through the day with people. When i got home at 2 AM i smoked a joint and i was surprised at how much stoned it got me.

4. I can agree that I feel environment and how you feel changes your high.

I highly prefer smoking at night time too. [​IMG]

5. Well, if I was to just randomly throw a hypothesis out there, my guess would either be the temperature and/or lighting.

Breathing in colder air makes the smoke or vapor seem less harsh giving you the opportunity to hit harder.

Darker the environment, less details you see in your surroundings, which helps your other sensory perceptions seem amplified?

I'm at a 7 right now, so this is just random crap spewing out.

6. Its environment and how comfortable you are... Me and my coworkers have after work chypers usually about 4-5 of us and 8-10 blunts in I'll be high ..But when I go home take of my work clothes , pull a chair up next to the window throw on some music and smoke one blunt I'll be 5x higher than I was in The chyper...The mind is power man...You just found your comfort zone.

7. When youre out and about doing things throughout the day you wont feel the high as much as when its calm and at night

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

8. That Google Robot really likes this thread...?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. "I've found that the environment in which you smoke greatly affects the potency and characteristics of a high."

sunup and night are two different feels for me. its 2 things. Location and people. Usually where im at most people are out working. Apartment living sux if ur a smoker. Best is at night when its cold out. i can sneak out and peolles windows will be closed. Must be why I like smoking in the snowy winter rather than summer.

10. Your brain chemistry and hormones also shift at night. Melatonin and Serotonin and Dopamine, possibly DMT releases from sleep or meditation. A whole day of being worn out from adrenaline, it just hits you harder. Like drinking on an empty stomach.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

11. I feel higher if I smoke during the daylight hours! But I don't necessarily find it more enjoyable - I noticed at night I feel much more relaxed, knowing the rest of the world asleep and there won't be anything unpredictable potentially happening. During the daytime, I feel more exposed, both mentally and physically as I still need to interact with people and be social. Maybe that's not the high in itself but more the frame of mind of the individual smoking. Obviosuly enviroment as mentioned above is a contributing factor :blush: