How cold is too cold for you?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by MPower420, Jan 21, 2009.

1. What's your favorite temperature to go outside?

How much cold can you stand before you say "FUCKKK THISSSS" and go back inside? haha

Whats the coldest you've ever been?

2. When it drops into the negatives because of the wind chill, I think I'll stay inside.

The coldest I've ever been? The other day, when I was going snowboarding, and it was freezing out.

3. I'm pretty used to the cold, it's supposed to be -37 deg F with wind chill here this saturday. If I'm drunk enough walking back from a party that night it shouldn't bother me too much :D

4. I grew up in northern Maine, so temperatures of -40F with the wind chill were common in the winter.

But, I've adapted to southern New England, and hate it when it gets below 20F. If I'm spending any significant amount of time outside (ie, doing more then walking from my front door to my mailbox), then >70F.

5. 70s is PERFECT! I need to live in Guatemala or something.

Coldest?...when I froze all my toes and ears off...

6. No cold is too cold as long as I have a nice hat and a good coat. I can't stand temperature over 60 so that's why it's nice up here.

Some nights when it drops below 0 it can get pretty cold depending on what the wind is doing... old New Hampshire homes having cracks and all that.

7. anything above negative 30 is tolerable.
    i like upper 50's, lower 60's. thats good swimming weather if you ask me.
    70's and above is too warm. although i enjoy a day in the 70's from time to time.

8. The hottest I've ever been in my life was in Guatemala. It was like 110 with 95% humidity. No exaggeration.

9. 75 degrees is nice
    I hate cold, even 30 degrees is too cold I think
    Hottest I've been was 100 with 80% humidity or something. it was crazzzy. penelope420, how did you survive that?? haha

10. Im always cold, if its under like 50 degrees, i dont like to be outside, im a wimp when it comes to coldness.

11. Oh, Haha, I think I'm just thinking about their winter...which I am. Wrong place!

...I meant the Bay Area, woot.

12. Last week we had a string of -20 F (before wind chill) days and I was still out and about. It takes a lot to keep me in. You get tough living in Wisco your whole life.

13. Im fucking dying.

Its like 45 in florida.

Thats fucking cold
    I haven't stepped outside all day but to run 5 feet to my smoke room and turn the space heater on.

My blood is fucking thin from all the hot days heh.no good

14. 56 is coooolllddddd!!!!!
    I'm used to the 90-110f weather here in AZ.
    :D

15. #15 docleary, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    you grew up in maine?

what town?

i like 82

16. new england is too damn cold

17. so true. im ready to get out of here.

18. It was 70 and sunny in good ol Boulder Colorado today

bomb ass weather, feels like spring...cept it's winter

19. haha its cool to see so much variety. guys that can stand temps in the teens and then guys that hate anything less than 70. i guess it boils down to where youre from and how long youve been there.

ive done a bit of mountaineering over the past 6 years and ive taken on 2 14'ers so far. it gets "cold" but its still bearable. the worst cold ive EVER been through was in NC back in '04 or '05. my uncle and i made a trip to grandfather mountain in early febuary and there was already a good 3-4 feet of snow on the ground. we made our summit bid the same night we arrived and it was worse than we had planned for. the temp at the base was 17 and it was nil comin through alpine meadows. the windchill brought the temps down to -60 so it was more than enough to kick our asses. ive never been that cold in my life. it was still bearable but it really came down to mind over matter and talkin to each other on the way down. needless to say we came back down the mountain that night. we forgot to pack a hammer and the ground was frozen solid so our tent stakes wouldnt go in. so yeah... fuck that shit.

i like it in the 60's though, maybe the high 70s with a really good breeze and mostly sunny skies. in the winter i like it when it hits the teens, it's been kinda low the past few nights here.

20. December and March I don't mind at all, might get down to 15.
    January and February I can't take anymore... it just drops to -15 for the two months and I have a constant cold.

I love the summer here though, just a steady 70 for monthsss