How cold is too cold for germination?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Geoffrod55, Mar 24, 2018.

1. I planted a bunch of seeds outside. Last night it was about 40 Fahrenheit. Do you think they will sprout. I'm a little worried. The one thing that gives me hope is I have grown this strain in cold weather, and the last time it took them over a week to sprout. It has been about three days.

2. Always start inside then move them to the shade outside for a few hours a day eventually their in full sun and ya got a tree.

3. Yes, they should be ok. Two days probably wasn't enough for the tap root to have popped yet. Did you soak them first or put them right in the ground?
    If it is going to be that cold again, you might consider laying a heavy blanket over the ground overnight.
    Might make them germinate a little slower, so I would definitely give it a few extra days before giving up on them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. I'm not saying it's not possible but it's damn tough to germinate with soil temps below 70.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. I did this too 3 days ago lol. I’m located in the south but the night temp went down to 38 so I dug one of the seeds up and I’m going to germinate it inside before I put it through the freezing temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum