How cold is too cold for drying

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Ben Merkin, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I got a plant I chopped yesterday and for certain reasons I had to take my tent down which had the carbon filter going. My whole house stunk when I got home which I can't have so I'm gonna hang it in my garage for the next 3 days. Temps around here are in the 20's for the next couple days and I know that has to be too cold. I'm not crazy about putting a heater in the garage but I did and I have it set at its lowest temp which is 60f. I really don't want to run it 72 straight hours any suggestions?

2. Though a late reply I still wanted to chime in with my observations because I was in the same boat not so long ago - I knew it was cold enough to freeze in my gerage & did not have a way to heat -so broke it down to the flowers & put them in a cardboard box with shreded news paper & kept a fan blasting the box with a flip or so every day. It only took about 5 days to get the humidity in the box to the mid 40's & into the jars.

I birp jars a little more ofter & keep a mild air flow to keep the cure going with no ill effect from the cold & taste was fantastic