How close?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LayneStaley, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Hey there, got 3 swiss cheese under a 400w hps, I know that you can't give me an exact answer, but just ballparking, how close to harvest-ready?

I bought a pocket microscope to look at the trichs, but I just can't get a good enough view (first grow so its all new to me)

Much appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. :wave: You have done the right thing getting a scope to check the trichomes. It is the trichomes that you go off but IMO with most strain the pistils will also be mostly all red/orange with much less white (but not always, thats why you need the scope).

I used to hate trying to check the trics to judge a harvest but believe me once you have seen a few true amber trics then you wont mistake them for milky or clear :D.

I'd guess they have another 7 - 14 days maybe a bit longer for lots of amber which is how I like mine :smoke:

3. I think you got at least 3 weeks. If you can't see the trichomes, harvest when you have 75% red hairs / 25% white hairs. Yours are all white still, so your buds are still thickening. When the hairs start to die (turn red) they are ripening. Wait. You'll be happy you did

4. Getting pretty close...second opinions? The last few weeks have been hell waiting...

Attached Files:

5. did you flush yet?

6. 10 day ta 2 week..snip a tiny piece off and look at it under the micro
    this p45 has about 30amber/70 cloudy
    [​IMG]
    ...should pruduce a good all around buzz...more clear cloudy head high...more amber..knock out

time gets ya in the ballpark..trich's get ya in the game;)

plants can put on 25% weight in last 2 weeks...dont short yourself like i see so many do:smoke:plants look good

7. Thank you for the response and attached image, I have a microscope but I couldn't get a sense of what I was supposed to be looking for.

8. Well this problem has been growing worse, at first it wasn't too bad so I figured it was just the plant nearing the end of it's life cycle, but it has me a bit worried. Is it some sort of nute deficiency? Ph issue? Should I worry about it since my plants only have a few weeks to go?

Attached Files:

9. And +rep to everyone who has replied so far, seriously guys you have been a major help on my first grow.