How close to harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by marrymemary, Sep 10, 2012.

1. All from the same plant. It's starting to look close with red hairs etc, I feel like the bud hasn't reached its potential size yet though

Attached Files:

2. She looks great. Really nice.

Do you have a way to look at the trichomes? A jeweler's loupe? A pocket illuminated microscope? A camera with a macro setting? You want to get a look at the trichomes on that main cola.

3. Wow nice looking plant! Looks like something outta the Dinosaur era!

4. [quote name='"Alatar"']She looks great. Really nice.

Do you have a way to look at the trichomes? A jeweler's loupe? A pocket illuminated microscope? A camera with a macro setting? You want to get a look at the trichomes on that main cola.[/quote]

Yeah I know, I don't have anything like that I mean I have a magnifying glass that could possibly work but nothing else.

5. Go to Radio Shack was there last week they sell a 100x pocket scope for like 10 bucks. Cut a leaf off the cola look at it on a flat surface. Instantly will be able to tell.

6. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

Go to Radio Shack was there last week they sell a 100x pocket scope for like 10 bucks. Cut a leaf off the cola look at it on a flat surface. Instantly will be able to tell.[/quote]

Cool, I'll check it out

7. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

Go to Radio Shack was there last week they sell a 100x pocket scope for like 10 bucks. Cut a leaf off the cola look at it on a flat surface. Instantly will be able to tell.[/quote]

How long do you estimate though just judging by the looks?

8. If I could not look at the trichomes, I'd wait until there are very few white pistils remaining, using the breeder's estimate as a general guide.

You may want to give this a read: http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest.html

Another thing you can do is cut off a small bud, let it dry for three to five days and then smoke it. Fully cured bud is more potent, but a properly dried (not microwaved) sample will give you some sense of the state of the weed. It's a tough, dirty job, but someone's got to do it.

Good luck with your harvest, whenever it occurs.

9. Its to bad Cannabis is so neonish looking. Stands out like a sore thumb.