Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can you not get evicted from inspections or vindictive roommates?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by trenchmark, Jan 24, 2016.

1. I live in an off campus apartment that is meant for students. About once a month, they do quick inspections. These inspections are not for the purpose of looking for weed, but if they do find it, they could evict the tenant, per the lease. I assume it is like this for all the apartments around here. At least the place I'm in gives a few days warning.

So how are people not evicted all the time? How dos SWIY get away with it?

Also, what if your roommate doesn't care for it. Couldn't he/she call the authorities at any time?

Now I'm thinking the only way to safely smoke is by buying a house, but I must be missing something. I mean people do it all the time, but people aren't evicted for it all the time. So what am I missing? Are apartment inspections unusual?

Disclaimer: This is all hypothetical. I have never smoked weed illegally.

2. Not sure about the lease you signed but normally you shouldn't get inspections, all depends on who's the landlord

3. The secret is to hide it reeeeeally well

4. just hide it somewhere you wouldnt expect them to look, and no need for SWIM/SWIY and disclaimers and all that

5. BIG BROTHER has your IP address now so we shall see....

[​IMG]

6. Just put it out of sight. They are doing an inspection not a search

7. (what Im about to say is based on 4 houses I lived with in as a student, some using the universitys template contract, others their own. and 2 houses with major letting agents since- but its all UK based so may be different where you are)

Every housing contract Iv signed has either explicitly stated that the landlord or their agent needs to give 24/36hrs/reasonable notice to enter for any reason other than to effect repairs in the event of an emergancy or guaranteed the tennants right to 'quiet enjoyment' which legally means the same thing but a little vague on how much notice.
    Some of the contracts have mentioned a schedule for housing inspections (somthing like every 3 months for the first 6 months, then 6 monthly after that, some going to anual after a while,others just giving up and saying we trust you after x time). others have said they might happen but not when, some havnt bothered to do them.

I wouldnt expect them to be looking for weed- but Id always go for smoke outside in a rented house anyway so the smell isnt an issue, it should just be a matter of dont leave your stash or paraphernalia in plain sight on the day they come. most inspections iv had go so far as to check you havnt smashed the place up or burnt it down and thats it. if your real worried put it in a locked cupboard, they cant compel you to unlock it, or open it when your not there, and chances are they wont give a fuck about whats in it.

If your housemates want to be a dick I suppose they could report you and they could inspect regularly but if they dont find anything id presume they cant do anything about it. probably more hassel than the landlord can be bothered playing a long with to come more than a few times.

But again in a rented house Id smoke outside (most contracts iv singed dont allow smoking of anything inside)- no smell for the landlord to notice and if it pisses your housemates off it'll do less so if its not near them.