How can you grind the inside of a female like 1mm?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by sunfire, Apr 26, 2013.

1. I have a 14mm downstem and just bought a 14mm titanium nail but it is a little larger than my downstem and won't fit. i need help with finding out a way i can either grind open my downstem a little or grind down the titanium nail, the first one is by far my best bet i'm sure cuz idk what can grind titanium. so basically i'm asking how can i widen up my downstem so it'll fit the nail?

2. Return the downstem and get a new one. I think the store would want to know if they're being supplied with improperly sized joints.

3. return the nail, it is DEFECTIVE.(jeeez)

what part of the new piece not fitting on older proven piece not register as a problem with the new piece?;)

4. Crap I didn't see that he said he had the stem before. I think you should take them both to the shop and test both though just in case.

5. Grinding titanium would be a big fuck around man. (Buying the proper wheel, wheel speed, fluid and the procedure itself is pretty delicate too).
    I'd just return it.

6. i grind the inside of females all the time

7. Lol ya when I saw the title I thought he had a 1 mm penis.

8. Title made me lol

9. Always a good laugh

10. I came in here expecting something completely different.

11. your missing the point all i wanna know is how i can grind like 1 millimeter off the part of my downstem that hold the slide, my titanium nail is just a tiny bit wider so if i can shave a little bit off my glass downstem itll fit i just dont know which tools to use.

12. #12 meatetarian, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    Do you have a heavy duty looking metal file? We weren't missing the point. We were offering alternatives before you go messing around with your shit and breaking it :p so my best advice is take the nail and your stem to the headshop if you got it there and see where the problem is. Your nail might be fine and you might have a fucked up stem or vice versa.

13. just use your dick

14. i bought the female from a headshop and its fine cuz it fits all my 14mm bowls, i just bought the nail with ceramic adapter thats 14mm but the ceramic adapater is too loose and if i try to put only the nail in my downstem its like 1mm too big from getting in there, i know if i can grind the inside of it somehow itll fit.. i dont care if my slides wont fit in it

15. Use a hammer son

Omega369 :wave:

16. its easy.... take the 14 stem an buy a 13 nail

17. Nail doesn't go inside a downstem. It sits ontop of a male joint.

18. Seriously guys? Titanium has a very strong molecular lattice but it's not very dense! so sand paper or even a nail file will do the trick. careful not to leave any burrs or dust on the piece or they can ignite when exposed to flame.

I wouldn't suggest sanding down the glass, glass dust is a no no for something you'll be inhaling through. However titanium is safe.