Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can you beat a possession charge in Missouri?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HeemaD, Oct 16, 2011.

1. #1 HeemaD, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    A friend of mine got arrested for possession of marijuana in Missouri. He is 18 and this would be his first offence. If he gets charged it would mess up his his chances of getting scholarships and what not. Any information on getting this charged dropped would be greatly appreciated!

If it helps: the city is Columbia and the county is Boone.
    Thanks!

Edit: He was caught at school with about a gram or less

2. Well it's kinda hard to beat. He got caught with weed. That's pretty much all they need.

See if he can work out some kinda deal like go to rehab for a month or community service and they might take it off his record.

3. A Jewish lawyer.

4. Well.. it really depends.

Was it found on him? In his car? How much weed was it? Was that his only charge?

I got arrested with a quarter and it was found in my pocket. Nothing I could do to get out of it, even my lawyer told me that there was nothing he could do.

IF it's an option-- do ANYTHING to get it off your record. Thank CHRIST that here in GA, first offenders get the charge dismissed after completing a diversion program. (I get my charge dismissed on Monday :):):):):):) )

Possession can be hard to beat.

5. Don't, tell the judge the truth and say it was your first offense. My first offense they just made me take a drug class and took the ticket off my record

6. it was about a gram and it was at school.They started doing random searches on random people. Bunch of bull shit

7. Hire a local defense attorney. He will know the judge and probably be able to have it knocked down to a fine with no mark on his record because he is a 1st time offender.

8. Depends on if its a Felony or not. Usually if its not a felony, he could work something out like community service hours or some bull shit like that and get it erased, especially if hes in school and is a good student, they'll let it slide a little. But idk, just what i've seen been done.

9. This.

10. Too bad me and my friend are both Arab and Muslim, otherwise we might

11. If your not white then you have no chance..welcome to America.:(

12. I sure do love me some racial and religious hate

also 700 posts woo!

13. I'm surprised they didn't pin him with terrorism, missouri is like that. Infact most states are.

14. Its a college town, so no one is really racist haha

15. [quote name='"skunky monkey"']A Jewish lawyer.[/quote]

Lawlz

16. If you're friend wasn't stupid enough to bring it to school he probably would've gotten away scott free, but since it was at school they will go reallllly hard on him.

17. Oh damn.. if it's a high school then he has a VERY slim chance of getting it dropped.

From my experience, they don't fuck around when it comes to being caught at school with weed.

Also- your friend is an idiot for bringing it to school.

18. Same thing happened to me but I got away with it because I was illegally searched and the arresting officer didn't identify himself when he arrested me

19. You are very lucky my friend.

I do hope for the best with your friend though, possession charges blow dick.

20. Back in the 90' columbia passed a local referendum to decriminalize possession. This should be discussed with the lawyer google "columbia missouri marijuana laws" the third link down should be a good article on this law. Best of luck to you and your friend, I've been busted in mo and they usually enforce the law to the fullest extent.