Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can the worst kind of drug be a gateway?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheJourney, Mar 27, 2011.

1. #1 TheJourney, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
    Ok, so if marijuana is a class 1 drug, which is the worst kind of drug, then how can they possibly say it's a gateway drug? According to their laws, marijuana is in the worst class of drugs, so what, it's a gateway to less harmful drugs?(cocaine, amphetamines, and morphine are among these "less harmful" drugs) That doesn't make any sense. So, either you must lower it so it's not in such an extreme class of drugs, or you must abandon all talk of it being a gateway drug. Or just legalize it :hello:

2. Maybe they think it's the gateway to hell.

Our laws make zero sense.

3. I might be wrong and if i am someone please correct me. Marijuana was considered a gateway drug because some (bullshit) statistic of people who smoke crack and shit have or do smoke weed, its government bullshit. there are no proven facts or points that cannabis is a gateway drug. its like saying forks cause obesity.

4. The only gate cannabis opens is in your mind.

5. Sure marijuana won't make you do other drugs, but there is no doubt in my mind that if I had never smoked marijuana I would have never been exposed to other drugs (which I'm not complaining about, marijuana isn't the only drug that does relatively little damage to your body and isn't addictive).

6. What other drugs you talkin' 'bout?

7. can't talk about em here ;)

8. There's literally hundreds (if not thousands), I'm not going to get into it here, but if you research them yourself you'll find that marijuana isn't the only "safe" drug.

9. I was only trying to draw him into a discussion. There's no need to mention the names of the drugs in question. I was just hoping he wasn't talking about the Big Three.

10. I feel like the Gateway theory is old news. People don't really still believe that crap, do they?

11. Misinformed teens who get busted smoking pot and get convinced by their rehab therapist that the high that they should have been enjoying at the time was really a living hell and they were spiraling out of control into an irreversible dream state, and that they would have easily become addicted to weed if they had smoked anymore.

Then they go on to make testimonies and do interviews for Above the Influence, and become straightedge douchebags who believe all the biased, made up bullshit that anti-pot organizations like to shovel in their faces.

12. Lol someone was watching Marijuana: A Chronic History

13. :eek:

14. Our laws are all fucked up.
    Here in California, the herb is legal for medicinal purposes.YET police officers and DEA agents and teachers and all these bullshit mother fuckers parade around saying how horrible it is for you.

15. when has our government ever made sense

16. The gateway theory is for those who don't understand the difference between causation and correlation. Of course if you ask 10 crackheads if they smoked weed before crack, probably 9 are going to say yes.

17. Everyone who has drank alcohol drank milk first. Therefore, milk is the gateway to alcohol. WIN!

18. Yes. Given that 99% of cocaine and heroin users smoked cannabis before moving on to hard drugs, it must of course be a hard drug :hello:

It is important to note (the governemnt clearly did not 'note' this) that under 1% of cannabis users move on to hard drugs.