How can somebody kidnap their own child?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by garrison68, Oct 5, 2014.

1. #1 garrison68, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    I have been befuddled for years about the idea that there are all of these "kidnapped" children in America, and it turns out that about 98.9% of them were taken by a parent who was involved in a custody battle with an ex-partner.  The case below actually appeared on America's Most Wanted.  

When a father, or occasionally a mother, takes a child somewhere it is NOT the same as kidnapping by a criminal for ransom or to exploit or sexually abuse the child.  Often this has been done by a parent or relative out of desperation, or to protect the child, but the courts have ruled otherwise.  

2. It's kidnapping because they didn't go through the court process to get custody, which is not fair to the other parent.

3. The child belongs to both parents, not just one, so why would it be right for one of the parents to take away the child if they want end the relationship? That's unfair to the other parent and the child

4. #4 garrison68, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    I understand that a parent taking their child away is against the law, but does it really belong on "America's Most Wanted", and put in the same category as  cases of kidnapping by criminals for ransom, or by degenerate perverts who are child predators and wish to harm or even kill the child? 

There is no doubt that the vast majority of these parents who run away with their child, and keep them from their ex-partner for some reason, are doing it out of love, not for any nefarious purpose.   There are also probably cases of people taking the children away to keep them out of danger, or away from the bad influence, of the other parent.  

5. I'd imagine most children are taken by parents out of spite, not love.
    Most of them are probably taken after very bitter divorces.

6. I highly doubt that "most children are taken out of spite, not love".  Yes, there's no doubt that divorces are the primary cause, but it's because men are expected to pay child support, usually do not get custody, and have practically no rights.  This is why most of the time, it's men who are the ones who take the child. 

I am sooooooo fucking glad I never had any kids.  The whole system is pitted against men.  

7. The courts have stuck their nose so far up the typical citizens ass that we stopped being the land of the free long ago.

Ive seen more kids used as pawns or slip through the cracks and end up with the shitty parent, due to courts. But i digress. You wont get much support here in america with my mentality as everything backwards is accepted here as normal, no matter how taboo.

It should be well known by now that men get anally raped in custody battles. The courts favor women..

9. If you're a crazy drunk for example, then that's a good reason to perceive it as a kidnapping. Otherwise it's what he said^

10. Except, how would law enforcement be able to determine the motive for a parent going astray with a child.  There's been numerous cases where these thing were done out of spite.  I specifically recall a case where a father ran off with his daughter, and she was found strapped to a car seat in the bottom of a river.  

These things are classified as "kidnappings" because that's exactly what they are.  Intentions can't be determined until after the fact, but even then that doesn't excuse the fact it's stealing a child away from the custody of a particular parent.