Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can I tell what kind of weed i have??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Firefly1628, May 2, 2013.

1. So i just started smoking again on 4/20 after a 10 year break (yes that long). When I was 16 I was sleeping with a dealer so I never paid for shit. Now I am 26 Married, and have NO IDEA what I am doing. My Hubby bought some stuff from a girl at work who deals (small time) to close friends. I have no clue what kind of bud it is. It gets us really high off of small bowls which is great. So far a dub has lasted us 2 weeks! (we do only smoke 2-3 times a week). Soooo basically what I am asking is Do you ask the dealer what kind of weed they have?? Or is it you buy what they have and thats that??? Help me out I'm such a N00b!!!

2. Yes, you ask for the strain name. Keep in mind some dealers have no idea what kind of bud they have and will just make up a name.

3. If its not a grower or dispensary the names could be fake. Just ask them and then go home and type it in on google. If nothing comes up, its probably fake or maybe the grower grew it and mixed two strains to create a new one, but thats highly unlucky. If you can't find it on google, its probably fake.

4. In all honesty the most reliable way to know what genetics you are getting, is to grow it yourself. I've seen the same strain sold as different names many times before, and often times the name it's given doesn't always reflect the characteristics of the bud like it should.

Unless you are a medical patient with access to a caregiver or dispensary, or a grower, then you just have to take what you can get, and try to find good connects.

5. I dont live in a medical state so i always just ask what the high is like. A good dealer should be able to tell you indica or sativa at least.

6. What is the difference between those two types??? (told ya i was a n00b)

7. Let's start here, you can Never know 100% sure what strain you have unless you grew it, got it from a grower or dispensary, etc.

Now your dealer...is just another person, don't be afraid of them. You have a question ask. Maybe your dealer know what "strain" he has, or maybe he's the type of dealer that has "Magic Fruity Pebble Fire Og Kush". Whether you believe him or not is up to you. You want your purchased scaled infront of you?...ask them... but don't be picky if your not picking up real weight.

:smoking:

8. Even knowing a grower can't guarantee you know what you're getting, they can lie about it just like anyone else.

The only true way too know 100%, is grow it yourself.

9. What if the seed bank sends you the wrong seed?! :eek:

10. Then the breeder is a liar! That happens too. There are definitely some not too reputable seed breeders, that claim to have exotic strains but if you were to buy them, they would most certainly not be what you were expecting. However if you buy from legit distributors, and grow it yourself you will know the genetics.

But yeah a grower could definitely lie about the strain name if they sell too. I have a strain that when I grow it during the winter, it comes out looking like a whole new variety than during the spring/summer. It's super purple and compact, would definitely pass as a different variety entirely, even though they both came from the same mother plant via clone.