how can i tell if i have a indica or a sativa

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wein-dog12, Jun 25, 2008.

1. can someone show me the difference in the leaves because im not sure what type my plant is

2. Almost all plants are hybrids, few are pure sativa or pure indica. Certain ones have more indica or sativa dominated phenotypes, but thats a rough way of describing them.

Although, for the record:

Indica: Tend to be bushy, shorter plants with slighty shorter flowering time, and lots of medium sized leaves

Sativa: Tends to be long and "Stringy" in the sense that branch nodes are spread out, often has a longer flowering time then Indica's and very large single leaves as oppose to many.

You'll get everything and its uncle inbetween though

3. thanks for the help i ethier have a pure sativa or a plant that have dominate sativa phenotypes

4. Check out what going to www.google.com clicking on "images" and typing "indica vs sativa" found.
    [​IMG]

5. even though your smugness and pictures do help my question has been answered

6. Sativas usually produce an energetic and somewhat cerebral high "the intellectual high" is what I call it... Great day-time smoke

An Indica will usually produce a lathargic, couch-lock type high. A very stoned feeling where even speaking feels like a chore. Great night-time help you sleep type of smoke.

Just thought I would throw this in...

7. My point still stands. Learn to do research before asking questions that have been answered hundreds of times.