Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How can I preserve these eye drops?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by High Fidelity, Feb 15, 2010.

1. So today I bought some eye drops for £4! It was only tiny bottle which was a bit of a let down. On the packet it says use within 30 days of opening. I only toke on the weekends usually so this bottle could last for ages!

how do I preserve it and make it last for longer?

thanks.

2. Refrigerate them after opening.

3. just put it in the medicine cabinet and ur good. Ive used eyedrops 8 months after the exp date. It wont harm you. Just might not get the red out as good. Thats never happened to me though.

4. Are you sure dude? So they just put it on the packet as some legal precaution right? because I know I can't go spending an extra £4 per month haha

5. Its not like its goin to grow some rampant fungus in your eye. I mean yeah its expired and that date is on there for something but ive never experienced anything bad. We've would have heard something llike that by now. Maybe not from a pot smoker but millions of people use eyedrops everyday for reasons not relating to pot smoking.

You dont drop dead from drinking milk that may be a couple of days old. I have some liquid ny-quil day caps that expired 5 months ago. Im not goin to throw them out. Im gonna use em. There hermetically sealed. Stop being paranoid.

But if you use eyedrops that are exactly 42 days past expiration date then you will turn into a screaming flesh eating, necropheliac, blood drinking zombie. But if its 43 days past expiration----ur all good:D:D

6. eh I don't really use eye drops, I have REALLY long hair for a guy so half the time no one can see my left eye and if I'm doing anything then my hair is probably covering my whole face :p

7. Multi-use eye drops do grow bacteria, since the preservatives only slow bacterial growth, not prevent it entirely. Refrigeration slows bacterial growth further, thereby extending your safe usage of the product.