How can i mount a CFL in PC grow box?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by inbou, Dec 10, 2007.

1. i am wondering if anyone knows the cheapest and easiest way to mount a cfl in a grow box?
    also how to wire it if possible (i am no electrician). ive been trying to the search but im not too sure what to search for. thanks.

2. Alot of the PC grow boxes I have seen on the web have just had the cord leading to the light fixture taped or by some means held to the roof of the case. This is cheap, simple, and allows for the adjusting of light height to keep your lights at optimal distance from your plants.

Of course, I always kind of liked the way this guy did his lights. I just wish I could find some of those fixtures that plug right into power outlets...:smoke:

3. thanks dude, i took at look at the link you had and i found some links online that sold them. heres is one if you are interested

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u688625

i am going to go to Rona today and check out if they got some.

4. Nice. Thanks for the link. Good luck on your grow.:smoke:

5. Iv'e used power stips that are zip tied to a hanging (by chains) piece of wood with reflected tape on the down side. Get a socket with a plug type end and plug it in. Iv'e got a lowrider cab grow somewhere on here with the setup i'm talking about.
    Hope it helps.:smoke:

6. Yeah. I used a power strip screwed and taped to a wall using those socket plug things. Works just fine.

7. no dice Rona didn't have it but i am pretty sure i could get it at some local electrical store.

thanks sergio, ill probably go with that idea, it seems cheap and easy :D.