how can I make my truck sound more beast?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by MaJeStY420, Dec 8, 2012.

1. #61 9D3, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    There's one huge flaw in your logic: I like other people's loud exhaust systems. And another thing is loud is not the only factor. It can be loud and sound like shit, or it can be loud and sound amazing. If you're in to cars, if you're an enthusiast of almost any sort, then you understand this. If not, then you're just some angry person who sounds like a dumbass.

The part I bolded in your post is your main problem - you assume that we want people to think we're badasses because we have a loud exhaust system. I don't have it because I want others to think I'm a supafly badass - it's on there because it improves performance and sounds good to me. I couldn't give two fucks about what others think of my Jeep because it's mine.

Okay, well, that I can respect. And everyone's opinion of loud is different, yours seems fair. To me, my Jeep is loud, but you won't hear it from a mile away. So maybe it's not considered loud to you.

And you're right about the lifted trucks on 24"s you're describing. Those are annoying as fuck to look at, but still if the exhaust actually sounds good then I can find a miniscule amount of respect for those too.

Sorry for the rant, they way your post started off it just seemed like you had a lot of misconceptions. But by the time I finished it it seems like we'd agree for the most part.

I just want to make sure you know it's not an attention thing for most people - my dad got me reaalllly in to cars/old muscle cars when I was younger, so naturally I have a love for big V8s and loud exhausts. My Jeep is the closest thing to a muscle car that I can afford :laughing:

2. I drive a new Camaro with long tubes, no cats, and a race style exhaust. It's loud as fuck, but not because I care what the hell others think. I got it done because I love the sound. In my eyes a damn muscle car is supposed to be loud and I happen to enjoy loud V8's. Key word, V8.

Reading the last part of your post I think you'd probably like my exhaust lol it's not straight pipes, it's a real exhaust system. All $1200 worth;)

3. Lol cool brick of whining bro.

But I cant hear your crying over the rumble of my v8..... :rolleyes:

please state this difference.

4. #64 Smokey!, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    A little girl screaming in my ear about how awesome her V8 is, would be considered LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. :rolleyes:
    A beautiful car with a well tuned engine and high performance/flow exhaust system sounds GOOD.
    That's probably not the answer you were looking for; but if you can't tell the difference between a car that's just plain loud and a car that actually sounds good then I really feel bad for you, and I'd hate to see what your taste in music is like.
    And for the record I wouldn't really consider a V8 loud, haha at least not a stock one.

5. Nah you make sense to me now, i thought you were on some other shit about the loudness.

A good exhaust can be loud and obnoxious too though, i know what you are saying about the shitty loud car though.

It hard to fuck up a trucks exhaust though IMO, ive only seen it a couple times.

Its usually a 89 honda civic or some BS with a 5 inch exhaust tip that is the "loud and obnoxious" one though....

I know a V8 isn't just loud....

6. I knew a guy in high school that drilled holes into his Chevy 1500's muffler. Stock pipes and everything. THAT's a good way to fuck a truck's exhaust lol sounded sooo terrible

7. #67 9D3, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
    Exhaust leaks will make your truck's exhaust sound like shit :\

Just got my exhaust de-leaked, and damn, it sounds amazing compared to before. A tiny bit quieter, but the quality of sound is so much better. And it doesn't sound like I have a lawnmower engine running under the passenger's seat. I think the previous owner had the piping done a bit excessively large though, looks like 3.5" piping. I'd like to replace it all with 2.75" pipe, I think it would sound and perform better.

Wow... Should've just cut the muffler off, then he'd have it for later. Why the hell would you drill holes in it?

8. He was really, really dumb lol to top it off he bought two used 33" Nitto mud tires and put them on the back of his Z71 with stock suspension and stock front tires.....

9. lol he is clearly a moron. i would have laughed at him every time he drove by.

drilling holes in a muffler, literally never heard anyone do that, and i knew some IDIOTS. lol

10. What the fuck? That's so pointless unless he likes leaning forward when driving...

If I did that to my Jeep, a driveshaft would snap or my transfer case would explode in under a minute :p I'm assuming his truck was 2wd and not 4x4?

11. Nope was a 4x4 Z71 lol

12. Oh my. Note to self: do not buy a used Z71 from Florida.

13. Just straight pipe it v8 chevys are easy to make loud :hello:

14. Anything is easy to make loud if you straight pipe it. Hell, you can go and straight pipe a lawnmower and it'll be loud.

15. lol sound more beast? Add more beast then kiddo.

and try not to worry about how to seem cooler. The cool kids are callin your bluff anyways.

16. I just noticed the OP has been banned. I wonder how long we've been replying for nothing :laughing:

17. lol nice catch