how can I make my truck sound more beast?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by MaJeStY420, Dec 8, 2012.

1. #1 MaJeStY420, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    I just bought a 2001 Silverado. It has no catalytic converter and it has big dual exhaust pipes. I don't know shit about cars or trucks. How can I make this truck sound even louder and maybe give it more power? For sort of cheap?

2. I would consult chicken; I have a feeling that gentleman would know something about making a truck loud.

3. Do you have glass packs on it?

4. [quote name='"JRX BUDWEISER"']

Do you have glass packs on it?[/quote]

What's that? Haha

5. Here's a pic of it. Super dirty right now.

ForumRunner_20121207_225630.png

Attached Files:

6. Long tube headers

7. Get beefed up headers and up the fuel and air intake, should slap you in the ass and ears ;)

8. Would be helpful if you told us which engine you have. Looks like you have the v8 model...but is it the 4.8 or the 5.3?

9. [quote name='"fluffykush"']would be helpful if you told us which engine you have. Looks like you have the v8 model...but is it the 4.8 or the 5.3?[/quote]

5.3 :)

10. Washed it today.

ForumRunner_20121208_182015.png

11. [quote name='"ripthereefer420"']Get beefed up headers and up the fuel and air intake, should slap you in the ass and ears ;)[/quote]

How much would that cost you think? Would the difference be big?

12. You can't always get louder and sound better with exhausts. Especially V8 trucks. Normally you're either looking for louder, or looking for better sound.

I can tell you, throwing some high flow cats and some flowmasters on there will make it sound amazing.... If you want loud, Longtube headers and straight pipes all the way back will work nicely.

13. [quote name='"Raizor"']You can't always get louder and sound better with exhausts. Especially V8 trucks. Normally you're either looking for louder, or looking for better sound.

I can tell you, throwing some high flow cats and some flowmasters on there will make it sound amazing.... If you want loud, Longtube headers and straight pipes all the way back will work nicely.[/quote]

What kind of pipes does it look like it has right now?

14. Lay down under the truck and snap a pic of the whole exhaust. Can't really tell from just looking at the tips.

Edit: I would also suggest a Leveling kit for your suspension. Your truck's rear sits way higher than the front.

15. [quote name='"Raizor"']Lay down under the truck and snap a pic of the whole exhaust. Can't really tell from just looking at the tips.

Edit: I would also suggest a Leveling kit for your suspension. Your truck's rear sits way higher than the front.[/quote]

Why's that? And how much would that cost?

16. To be honest, I'm more into modified sports cars, than trucks. I just know the Leveling kit, makes your truck sit the way it should look. But most of my buddies have trucks, that they lift, lower, throw exhausts on, throw systems in.. So I've picked up some stuff here and there along the way. I'm about the only one of my friends with a sports car.

I would suggest a quick google search to find out what a leveling kit is. A good place to start for looking for the right leveling kit (Should you actually want one) would be a silverado forum. There's a forum for just about any car or truck out there... Hell I've found a forum for the Oldsmobile Alero......

17. straight headers will make it loud wont cost you a dime either lol

18. Switch out the horn so it plays move bitch by DMX.

19. SLP loudmouth!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo8VZAjN1U0]SLP Loudmouth 5.3 Silverado - YouTube[/ame]

20. Exhaust through the bed?