How can I keep my tent cool in my closet?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SeeingDouble12, Oct 12, 2011.

1. So here is my setup, I have a 63X36X20 grow tent. I have a 400w Euroreflector hps/mhs (from HTG).My temps have been way too high getting as high as 95 with the tent zipped up. Currently I have a 4" carbon filter/fan setup.The rest of the situation is explained in the picture below, I was going to buy another 6" inline fan and hook it up to this single line which is 424 cfm (link below). Will that do the trick?

HTG Supply - GrowBright 6" High Velocity Inline Fan

Attached Files:

2. just remember that the amount of air that can be circulated threw a ducting system is only as good as its most restrictive point, so poin in case unless you upgrade the 4 inch that your using for the carbon scruber, it wont matter how large of a fan you add into the system because that 4" was designed to only allow so much air to flow threw it so in order to circulate more air threw the system you have to open it up so it can breath better. yes a bigger fan will help but without opening the passage ways, your bigger fan wont be able to operate at its full potential.

check out this link for more answers!:

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/594150-ventilation-faq.html

3. Possibly placing the inline fan after the hood and the filter before it, I hear the inlines work better sucking that blowing. Make the last thing in line your fan. Also have your filter near the top of the tent where the hot air collects. Maybe have separate venting for the light without a filter. I think this may be possible with a 6" booster. Whats the ambient temp in the closet? Could you place a box fan by the passive closet vent to bring in more air?

How do you like that tent? I'm thinking of getting the same setup from HTG but with a 39x39 with a 400w in the euroflector.

4. I think placing a fan by the closet intake would also help but you may want to try closing up some of the passive intakes on your tent. Reason I say this is that the smaller the size of your intake the better vacuum inside the tent you'll get.

Hope that makes some sense

5. How high are the ambient temps?

6. i was thinking that but wasn't sure if that idea held true. Ill test it out.
    The ambient temps are usually between 70-75. Inside the closet, it is warmer usually around 80ish, while the tents inside was hotter at >85.

I've decided to add a 6" inline fan after the light just resting on the top of the outside of the tent, but before the duct booster.

I was torn between these 2:
    the TD-150HVACQuick - S&P TD Series Inline Fans
    or the one from HTG:HTG Supply - GrowBright 6" High Velocity Inline Fan

I assume the TD will be quieter, but push less air. Obviously the HTG then would be higher cfm, but also louder. Not sure if the TD can do the job.

I also tried 2 seperates vents, one for just the light, and the other attached to the carbon/filter both with ductbooster at the end venting into the other closet. That was even hotter. The problem with this tenting is it doesnt have any piping holes built in on both sides of the tent, just the left/back. Is that a realistic option? Cutting my tent? Not sure how bad of an idea that is:smoke: