How can I improve yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Matthewtrippy, May 31, 2017.

1. #1 Matthewtrippy, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Week 2 is looking a little sad is this normal 2 week buds they aren't that big but look healthy but I wouldn't know this is my first time [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What's your set up consist of? They don't look that bad from the pics...basically good lighting, soil and airflow and u should see good results....also genetics as well

3. More roots, bigger plant. Also amount of light.
    You have started. Just improve each time and you will be fine.

4. #4 Matthewtrippy, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    2 plants 3 gallon buckets 12 23 watt fluorescent and a box fan it's literally a poor mans grow in a city is it safe to transplant during flower if so what soil should i use

5. They are 2ft 10 inches the other is like 3 1/2 feet

6. No do not transplant during flowering, the shock will cost u to lose valuable flowering time....and the CFL's typically aren't gonna produce thick, solid nugs....u have plenty of watts though, so as long as they are placed correctly then u will see a decent yield...I'd upgrade to a LED or HPS for your next run though, if possible

7. This was a bag seed the nugs were almost completely rock solid these have a really dense feel to them too could it just be good genetics I assumed the were growing slow because of them being dense

8. You won't see super dense buds out of cfl's unfortunately, no matter how dense the buds you got the seeds out of were. Also, since the buds had seeds be careful with those plants, they could be genetic hermaphrodites causing your buds to be seedy as well. They are growing just fine for now btw, you won't know how dense the buds are until you're much farther along. You will generally see a longer flowering time using cfl's too. Add a week or two, so likely around 10 weeks or so from when you started seeing lots of pistils.

Get a good loupe (60-120x IMO) to know for sure exactly when they're done.

Check out my grow:

First grow using cfls.

First grow using cfls.

9. How long did you veg the plants? You still have at least another week of stretch - they're going to be tall. 3 gallon containers are fine - don't transplant. They look very good in bud development for 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1