How can I improve my lung capacity.?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MFLBLover, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Alright I'm just asking if anybody has any ideas on how I can improve my lung capacity. By this I mean be able to take huge hits off joints blunt or bongs and not cough out a lung. I have asthma, and before you think that's its stupid i smoke at all... weed has helped me with asthma attacks many times and I have quite severe asthma . That being said I just want to know if anyone else (especially asthmatics) has any tips in how I can improve. I smoke on a regular basis or vape:wacko:;):D

/smoke weed everyday\ (I love kid cudi)

2. I went on vacation once and Practiced holding my breath underwater I got pretty good. Went from 45 sec to 60 then I got up until 1:30 min of holding my breath underwater. Idk if if it was actually me "practising" holding my breath or if I was just getting my lungs broken in.

Stay high

3. Sing, swim, or just practice taking huge hits.

4. Google: free diving. They probably have the best advice.

5. You can't. There's no replacement for displacement. If your maximum tidal volume is 5 litres, it will always be 5 litres unless you get a pulmonary transplant. Or some other shit (tar deposits, tumour or whatever) occupies said volume, reducing lung capacity
    You can however practise how long you can hold your breath. Best option for that would probably be swimming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I think my vape really helped condition my lungs. I pack it tight and take VERY slow, long hits then hold it for 5+ seconds. I noticed after awhile of doing that I could take huge bong rips.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Fill em with concrete!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Try meditating, or closing your eyes. The less power your consume, the longer your body will be adept to hold its breath.

9. you want better lung function so you can take bigger hits, which in turn degrade lung capacity? :confused:

10. Stretching, jogging, swimming, meditation. 

If you simply want to take bigger hits then practice your breathing... :bongin:  :confused_2:

11. Vaping, go straight to vaping and in a month youl be able to inhale almos twice as much

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. breath through your stomach alot of people don't breath properly.

13. ^^this and chest exercises.

a strong chest will allow you too expand your lungs to the fullest.

14. once I quit cigs my lung capacity went to shit.  :confused_2:

15. I don't know, thankfully I was born with lungs of steel!!! grrrr 

16. Depending on your  current fitness levels/enthusiasm to excersise you could start with a light jog, bike ride, swim(great low impact excersise so no sore muscles) hill sprints if your extreme and up for it will increase your V02 max. But generallly start off with something small and work your way up, youve gotta start somewhere.... and dont forget to breath calmly throughout.

17. #18 THEeric, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    yoga

but switch to vaping.

18. Hardass fucking aerobics. The more the better.

19. #20 NativeGanja, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
    Another asthmatic here! I've had severe asthma my whole life. I recently received a steroid from my doctor to strengthen my lungs. I've been using it for about 15 days now (half a month), and I've been experiencing some noticeable differences in my lung capacity and overall breathing. I went from using my inhaler 2-3 times a day, to once a day. I'm currently on a quest to rid myself of pharmaceutical medications, and eradicate my dependence on them. Some tips that have helped me out thus-far:

- Cut out soda and processed foods

- Water, water, and more water!

- Go hiking at least 2-3 times a week 

- Rock climb (if the region you live in lends itself to it)

- Swimming

etc. 

I'd recommend doing more outside fitness activities, rather than going to the gym. Much better to breath in fresh air, rather than recycled AC. Just my opinion, of course.

Oh, and because of changing my health/lifestyle around, my lung capacity has increased quite a bit, which in return, has enabled me to take big ass rips  :bongin: