How can i help my planrs grow faster?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sametherton, Nov 19, 2012.

1. I've got 4 plants started from seeds about 2 weeks old. I'm a college student so I'm so broke, I want to help my plants grow faster but really can't afford any special nutrient mixes. Any advice would be helpful.

2. Unless you want to put them in 12/12 now, you can't really speed up the process. Give them light, fresh air and water, and a decent soil, and then wait.

3. I like your style with the patients! Thanks man.

4. Whata fuq are planrs? :confused: :confused_2: :eek:

5. you cant get "plants" from planrs?

you slow or something? did you forget what website you were on?

6. I'm on a cracked ass iPhone I can't see what I type sometimes. Fuck my life bro.

7. the best thing you can do is buy more lights. im guessing your already using CFL's. i would try and buy a few more if you can afford it. i know 4 packs of 23w bulbs are like $14. it will be the best $14 you ever spent.

8. Yup I could use more lights, good idea.

9. You can get a decent nute mix for about $30. Not too bad and could only help.

10. Yeah I've seen some for reasonable prices its just when I see $30 I also see my weeks worth of groceries hahah. I love weed with no job. Horrible combo... I'm just looking for any small cheap tricks from experienced growers. I will try it for sure if I can get my hands on some!

11. If you have a decent soil you shouldn't need to feed them at all for the first month or more, or until you switch to 12/12. At that point you could just get a generic plant food that is higher in the P & K, and lower in the N value. All nutes are categorized by their N-P-K amounts, so you'd be looking for a 5-20-20, or something like that. Less than $10 at just about any hardware or garden store, and it's all the same stuff.

12. Great information. That's exactly what I needed to hear. There is a nice old lady that lives in the apartment under me and she gave me some of the soil she uses for her roses so I think it's pretty good soil. What a nice lady though.

13. who knows what type of soil some old lady is using for her roses. do you remember what kind it is? did she happen to have a bag?

14. Nah she just gave it to me in a 15 inch pot. But it's all I have anyway so it's the best I can do in this situation

15. I did my first growing way back when I went to Miami, and then saw some serious growrooms when I transferred to OSU. Happy to help keep the tradition alive.

16. Osu is the place to be! Love that place. Good man.

17. then depending on the soil you may or may not have to give it veg nutes that are high in Nitrogen. How long are you planning on veg this thing?

just keep an eye on it. as soon as you start to see yellowing/browning leafs or spots on leafs, or purple stems id give it a decent shot of nutes.

18. I'm not sure it's on my closet so I'm gonna try and let it get as big as I think I can handle. I can expect it to at least double in size between putting it in 12/12 to harvest correct?