How can I get off jury duty this sucks

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 923969, Aug 27, 2019.

1. No they did not send hundred of thousands. Hell there was only 50,000 British soldiers in the revolutionary war. Which by the way, many Indians fought along side of the British soldiers in the rev war. American history definetly is not your thing homie, leave that to us buddy.

Still proud of you bro.

2. Great news they cancelled jury selection for tomorrow however I'm on call for the rest of October still.

Sent from my KFASWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Reading old threads on this site (your question's been asked before), someone referenced a George Carlin line that will also work very effectively. "Tell the judge you can spot guilty people as soon as you see them." LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I’m not saying your dumb because it’s not ur fault and u don’t know better —but
    Jury duty is an important benefit of being an American citizen.
    You ARE the authority figure
    You really are
    That person sitting opposite of you is counting on you to do the right thing and keep em out of jail

U never know when u might be a defendant and will be relying on that jury to save ur ass. Wouldn’t u want them to at least give u a chance? Most of them probably don’t want to be there either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Well it happened again I got another summons to show up again. I hope it gets called off again like last time fingers crossed. I hope this will be the last time they try and summons me to court.

6. Read this:
    JuryDuty101 - Jury Duty Laws, Pay, and More By State

Choose your state on the above link.

I've had jury duty several times but been selected for a jury just once that lasted for a week or so before they settled out of court. Judges in California tend to really nail people here with fines ($1500 max) now that try and avoid serving with creative excuses because they've seen it all and it pisses them off. In court the judge may speak to you in court directly in front of everyone so if you have an excuse they may give you the third degree and scare the shit out of you just to show others it ain't no game. After an excuse a person may be put on a short list and be called up the next year while those that go in and are available won't be called on again for longer periods.

7. I noticed jurors are asked to wear proper clothes no shorts and no hats and a few other don't wear clothing was listed I wonder if I came in with the ugliest of torn up jeans and a t-shirt that looks like rags like a pirate type style of a rag shirt. I wonder if I wore something against what they want you to wear if I can get off by telling judge I'm to poor for nice clothes etc etc....

8. Nothing clueless about the BBC mate.
    It's a propeganda channel. Absolute, pure, calculated lies. Mostly owned and controlled by pedophiles.
    It's grossly innacruate for a reason.
    The sad thing is that you can clearly see it from the outside. Most of the people here take it as gospel.

9. #129 Skyjester, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    In California, apparently the easiest way to avoid jury duty is to just ignore the notices. As of 2015, 45% of them were ignored in Ventura County, 31% in San Diego County, 30% in L.A. County etc. I'm pretty sure they can't begin to legally prosecute that many thousands of people, at least I've never heard of them doing so.

Many in California’s largest counties ignore jury duty

10. Sad thing is I live in the Midwest in a small county pretty much in my county we all know each other that's how small it is where I'm from.

11. Go commit a felony and you wont have to do jury duty.
    Light a joint up when you go in for questioning and they wont allow you to be a juror. Of course you'll spend some time behind bars and pay a fine but it's the best way to get out of jury duty

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Yeah but then I don't get to smoke if I goof up and I had 3 back surgeries I can't go long without my Mary Jane

13. Tell them you cannot be unbiased. They do not like that.

14. LOL! Good ol Carlin, his wisdom is always useful.

15. Yeah say that if you're a lazy coward.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. Boohoo. Man up.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. That's not always the case. Jurors are drawn from the pool of eligible registered voters. Against popular belief felons still can usually vote in most cases after a certain period of time. I'm a felon, I still vote and can still be called for jury duty. I probably wouldn't be selected though once they check my background but the chance is still there. My felonies aren't violent felonies so it could happen.

18. Whatever dude until you have severe nerve damage from having a shitty back and live in non-stop constant pain all day like I do sometimes that of which makes me tear up its hurts that bad then come tell me to man up. Otherwise I'm gonna go in baked off my gord. Obviously not gonna light it up in courthouse to get thrown in jail to be removed from jury duty like one dude suggested.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I'm thinking of just going in and raising my hand and once called upon ill phrase this ( I volunteer for the hunger games ) maybe acting like a goofball will be enough to get removed

20. Interesting so I searched for some news on that. No show rates in Northern California are pretty much below 10%. Apparently what is going on in the south is they stopped actually fining people thus no enforcement and then that word has gotten out so now many people are ignoring the letters. LA supposedly began to crack down about 2005 but got push back from usual liberal organizations for the poor, homeless, and illegal aliens and of course their liberal politicians are just fine with that status quo.